How can you join our team?
Are you interested in a career with Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA)? Our team spans the United States offering a variety of roles from direct patient care in one of our kidney care clinics, to supporting our patients working in research, finance, marketing, technology, or pharmacy. How do you know if we're the company you should work for or what to do to join our team? Let us help.
What are we looking for in a candidate?
The most important characteristic is a focus on the patient and our mission to deliver superior care that improves the quality of life of every patient, every day, setting the standard by which others in the healthcare industry are judged. Every role, whether direct patient care or a support role has this mission and the guiding light.
We also look for candidates who share our values. These values are woven in to our day to day and show up in how we interact with our patients and each other as colleagues.
When someone understands and appreciates our mission and shares the same values, then we know we will be a good fit for each other.
How do I join the team?
If you are interested in working for FMCNA, the first step is to apply. Our career site offers a few ways to find the job you are looking for. You can type in the search bar a job title or keyword as well as location to find all jobs matching your criteria. You can also explore jobs by a specific category like clinic nurse or manufacturing by clicking on "Career Opportunities" in the main navigation.
Our job descriptions may be long and a little boring, but we want to ensure we provide enough detail on what the role will do, the skills and requirements we are looking for, and any education or licensure required.
Once you find the job you want, apply. The application will ask you all of the important questions about who you are, what your work history is, your qualifications, etc. Once you apply, our Talent Acquisition team will be able to review your application.Application Tips:
- Set aside some time to complete the application- this may take 30+ minutes to complete
- Complete all questions with accurate information
- Attach a resume for the recruiter to review
- Some of our roles require an assessment to be completed – take your time and answer all questions as honestly as possible. This assessment will help determine whether the role in which you are applying is a great fit!
- Having trouble logging into your account or other technical issues? Reach out to our Employee Service Center at 855-FMCNA-HR for any technical assistance.
What happens after I apply?
We know that it can be hard to submit an application and then wait, wondering if you'll hear back. We try to respond to every applicant but with the amount of applications we receive, it's not always possible. A member of the Talent Acquisition team will reach out if your application matches what they are looking for. The first step in the hiring process may be an assessment or a pre-screen call.
What to expect with our FMCNA hiring process:
How are interviews being conducting during the pandemic?
Due to COVID-19, we are currently conducting virtual interviews for our open positions, this will allow our team to meet with you from a safe distance.
A virtual interview is an interview that does not occur in person or face-to-face. We will connect via phone, chat, or using video conferencing technology such as Microsoft TEAMS, or through a job site like Indeed.com.
- Test your technology – A member of our recruiting team will share interview details with you via email, including any links, phone numbers, etc. Ensure your camera, microphone, and internet are all working properly prior to the interview to ensure a great experience.
- Limit distractions – When looking for the space you will interview, find a place where you are the focal point, lighting is good, and the background is tidy. Also, try your best to minimize sounds – silence phones, turn off TV, close windows, etc.
- Dress professionally – As with a face-to-face interview, you should dress professionally for a video interview as well. Doing so will help you feel confident during your interview and displays professionalism to your interviewer.
- Monitor body language - Sit up straight, smile, camera at eye level (maintain eye contact by looking at the webcam rather than the image on the screen).
- Prepare in advance – Know the company and what we do, practice answers to common interview questions, review the job description, prepare any questions you know you have in advance, be prepared to provide specific examples when asked questions.
Enable patients to thrive. Grow your career. Be the difference.
Whether you’re managing a great team, developing powerful marketing strategies, caring directly for our patients, or researching product innovation, working with us is the chance to use your strengths and talents with a global leader in healthcare. As you help people with kidney disease lead longer, better, and healthier lives, we’ll help you build the career you want. Apply today and start the process to join our FMCNA team.