Azura Vascular care is the national leader in vascular specialty service and manages treatments for a wide range of simple and complex vascular disorders using minimally invasive techniques. As part of our team, you’ll help patients avoid the complexities of a hospital admissions by being treated promptly, safely and effectively in a high-quality, outpatient setting. You’ll also enjoy an environment of teamwork, work-life balance, and the satisfaction of aligning closely with our parent company, Fresenius Medical Care, to improve the health and quality of life for people in our communities.
Job DescriptionWichita, Kansas Job ID R0027752
$8,000 Sign On Bonus!
Cath Lab or Interventional Radiology experience
ACLS/BLS needed for this position.
This position will be 8 hrs per day Monday through Friday, no evenings, weekends, holidays or Call!
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA's mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and policy requirements.
Assists physicians in performing all types of interventional radiology procedures. Responsible for the operation and quality control of the radiological equipment in accordance with FMC policies, procedures and training. Assists with the inventory and ordering of supplies.
Performs various activities necessary for the preparation of the patient and the procedure room for the radiology procedures in compliance with FMCNA policies and procedures and state and federal regulations.
Reviews patient specific procedure orders to determine materials/supplies that will be needed.
Sets up/ stocks the procedure room/procedure trays with all needed supplies and interventional equipment prior to procedure and cleans procedure room post procedure, including cleaning of equipment/machinery.
Conducts all necessary preparations of the patient procedure room and documents when appropriate.
Explains procedure to the patient, answers questions and addresses patient concerns.
Assists with preparing the patient for the surgical procedure by positioning, shaving and prepping.
Performs patient transfers and positioning of patients and transports patient to and from procedure room.
Inputs patient data into the C-Arm.
Acts as scrub assistant assisting the physician during interventional procedures under fluoroscopy; maintaining a sterile technique according to the established company policies and procedures and state and federal regulations.
Complies with HIPPA policies and standards in regards to patient confidentiality.
Draws up intravenous medication and labels as per Medication Labeling Policy in the Sterile Field Competency.
Processes x-ray images and archives to a CD or DVD to comply with FMCNA policies and procedures for patient medical records and state regulations.
Provides outstanding quality of patient care by supporting and driving FMCNA quality standards through meeting regulatory requirements and the practice of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI), including use of FMCNA CQI tools.
Assists with implementing FMCNA quality goals and facility specific action plans in order to achieve FMCNA quality standards.
Ensures medical records are accurate, complete and in compliance with FMCNA policies and procedures. Maintains integrity of medical records, filing paperwork in patient files according to policies and procedures and performing audits on a regular basis.
Assists with maintaining environmental integrity and aesthetics. Ensures all areas are clean, sanitary and safe on a daily basis Ensures all facility equipment and instruments are in proper working condition by inspecting equipment on a daily basis before and after procedures.
- Makes recommendations regarding replacement of equipment and repairs.
- Assists with disposal of hazardous waste materials, dirty linen and rugs.
- Prepares, organizes, and efficiently utilizes supplies and equipment to prevent wastage.
Attends and participates in Governing Body, assisting with meeting agenda and gathering of data/material for meetings.
- Ensures effective communication with physicians.
Attends and participates in CQI meetings with physicians, reporting on assigned topics.
Works with the physicians and staff to ensure all necessary instruments and equipment are on hand.
Addresses physician concerns in areas of responsibility.
Assists in training and orienting new employees on the equipment.
Ensures patient billing is accurate and timely by reviewing all procedures, documenting patient equipment charges and verifying CPT and ICD9 codes are correct.
Assists with inventory, ordering of supplies and re-stocking of supplies.
Acts as Radiation Safety Officer; monitors radiation badges and conducts in-services regarding Radiation safety.
Participates in all facility regulatory and accreditation surveys and action plans to address any deficiencies identified.
Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials. Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds and to perform patient transfers and positioning of patients up to 400 pounds. Must be able to stand in a protective apron for up to 45-60 minutes.
- 10% Travel.
- High School Diploma required; Associate's Degree desirable; and Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
- Must have ARRT Certification, and be a licensed Radiology Technician by the Department of Health
- Per state requirements - must be licensed in radiology.
- Interventional Radiology certificate preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 4 - 6 years' related experience desirable, Candidates with ARRT Certifications will be considered for this position with at least 1 years of experience desirable.
- Working knowledge of interventional equipment (including C-Arm and Ultrasound equipment), procedures and materials/supplies needed for each procedure. Knowledge of sterile techniques.
- Experience with special procedures utilizing a C-Arm.
- Knowledge of universal precautions and personal protective devices to be utilized when operating radiology systems.
- Successfully complete BLS certification.
- Experience with monitoring and maintaining inventory.
- Proficient in the use of computers and related software such as Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
"My goal is to make sure that our patients keep their mobility and quality of life. This goal is really personal for me. My own father always had really bad vasculature in his leg and never had access to the kind of care we offer — eventually he lost blood flow and mobility. Knowing what he went through makes me even more committed to our mission.".Warren J., AZURA REGIONAL VICE PRESIDENT
We've got your back.
We fully believe that dedication and passion should be recognized and rewarded. That's why we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to all of our employees. Our benefits provide the flexibility, choice and support you need to be at your best as you play a vital part in helping patients live longer, better and healthier lives.
- Healthcare FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
Tuition Assistance and CEU reimbursements ($500/year for full‑time; $350/year for part‑time)
Paid Time Off
Paid Time Off
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time.
- Employee Pride
- Valued Team Members
- Motivation for Excellence
- Respect & Dignity
- Openness & Trust
- Adoption Assistance
- Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts
- Discount Fitness Program
401(K) Retirement Saving
401(K) Retirement Saving
Competitive vesting schedules and a company match of 50 cents for each dollar you save up to the first 6% of your salary (3% additional) after one year of employment.
We are so glad you are interested in a career with FMCNA! What happens next?
Application & Assessment
First you will need to complete your online application. Some roles may also require an online assessment to be completed.
Then a recruiter will review the applications submitted and select those most aligned with the role to move forward. If selected, The recruiter will contact you to schedule the next step.
Next, you will participate in phone/video interview(s) with our recruiter & leadership team.
The recruiter will provide feedback to you on your interview(s) and update you on any hiring decisions.
Next, the recruiter will extend a formal offer if you are selected for the position.
Lastly, you will accept your offer and complete pre-employment checks and paperwork.
Learn more about working at Fresenius Medical Care at an upcoming hiring event near you.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
By signing up for Job Alerts, you'll receive the latest job openings based in your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Join Our Talent Network
Joining our Talent Community allows us to send you company news, career event announcements and other career-related information.