Available Openings 1
Position Specific InformationPlease note that this position can be located remotely
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements. Collaborates with the appropriate personnel on selected Compliance related projects and processes.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for driving the FMCNA culture through values and customer service standards.
Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
Proactively identifies gaps/issues with Department systems and processes and proposes appropriate resolutions to troubleshoot problems
Works with appropriate parties and reviews all quarterly and annual proposed and final federal rules for assigned programs; provides summary updates to appropriate business owners; and assists business owners in identifying and implementing changes to policies and procedures as required by regulatory changes.
Takes initiative to respond, resolve, and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
Actively participates in the communication of the Compliance program. Communicates important aspects of the compliance program, and instills a culture within the organization through communication of regulations, healthcare laws, values and standards, as applicable.
Acts as a mentor and point of reference to junior level staff with general tasks that require a better understanding of functions
Works independently and autonomously. May refer to senior level staff for assistance with higher level problems that may arise.
Viewed as the Department’s leading authority on a niche subject matter and/or demonstrates a high level of expertise and strong capability in one or more area.
Escalates issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
- Leads and conducts compliance investigations within North America, including, but not limited to, assessment of allegations, review of relevant documents, witness interviews and written summaries of same, analysis of facts, and preparation of investigation reports.
- Adheres to Compliance Investigation work plans and protocols, assembles and manages the necessary internal and external resources, and conducts the investigation in compliance with protocols.
- Works on problems of diverse scope, evaluation of identifiable factors and exercise of good judgment with respect to elevation of complex or significant issues and concerns to Senior Director of Compliance Investigations, and may refer to senior level staff for assistance with higher level problems that may arise.
- Implements an enterprise-wide investigation process to review compliance-related concerns in North America raised through the Compliance Action Line (CAL), or otherwise brought to the attention of compliance.
- Assists compliance team with Compliance Action Line (CAL) investigation related research and information gathering.
- Collaborates with other departments, including the Law Department, Human Resources, Global Internal Audit and Patient Safety to coordinate investigative resources enterprise-wide.
- Serves as the compliance resource, upon request, for the formal investigation of compliance concerns involving legal review, working closely with FMCNA’s Law Department or outside counsel.
- Works with partners in Fresenius Medical Care outside North America, including the Global Investigations Division, to coordinate investigative resources and reporting globally.
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience handling investigations for a large, complex organization.
- Professional certification such as membership in a State Bar or certification in healthcare compliance is a plus.
- Assists with oversight of compliance activities within FMCNA Research activities to support FMCNA overall Compliance program policies, procedures and standards and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Determines key risk areas and works with the business to address through education, training, policy and monitoring.
- Works in conjunction with other identified compliance personnel supporting other business segments regarding compliance concerns as they relate to Operations and Compliance for Research.
- Assists in development of risk assessments and annual compliance plans.
- Actively seeks and obtains current information on changes in federal, state, and local laws and FMCNA policies and procedures.
- Makes recommendations for improving internal controls.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Up to 25%Travel Required
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 8-10 years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and comply with applicable privacy and security rules and regulations, including HIPAA.
- High degree of integrity, self-motivation and initiative.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to make clear presentations and prepare concise written reports.
- Ability to read complex regulations and interpret legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to produce accurate work in a fast-paced environment and handle constructive criticisms.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and other databases.
- Prior compliance, regulatory, policy development, experience preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs