Home Therapies professionals at Fresenius Medical Care provide education and support to patients and caretakers who have chosen home dialysis therapy. This role involves an initial visit to the homes of patients to assess home therapy readiness, as well as training and follow-up visits within the clinic environment. Successful candidates have outstanding customer service skills, a valid driver’s license and the desire to positively impact patients’ lives by empowering them to treat themselves in the comfort of their own homes.
- Full Time
- Job Level:Mid
- Travel:Local patient home visits
- Glassdoor: 66%
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Job DescriptionWaltham, Massachusetts
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information
Excellent opportunity for leader to join our Home Therapies: Diagnostics and Data Analytics team with in Global R & D.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Leads one or more complex programs/projects, including those that cut across product line programs with new product capabilities.The PPM is a thought leader who organizes with all functions, including Marketing, Medical,
Global R& D (GRD) internal and external partners to drive the full development of new product capabilities from pre-development to development to the market with a strong focus on therapeutic improvements, patient outcomes, and customer satisfaction.Facilitates activities of all cross-functional teams to ensure that agreed specifications and timelines are met.Leads in developing new ways of working in a complex multi-dimensional matrix. Requires significant coordination with core and cross-functional teams, excellent written and communication skills, and the ability to drive collaborative discussions and decisions with key stakeholders. A PPM is expected to be very effective in organizing people and technical resources to achieve essential program/project goals in compliance with agreed constraints on quality, time and costs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead a portfolio of programs/projects that bring new capabilities to one or more product lines.Drive strategic alignment of the portfolio with Marketing, Medical, GRD, and other stakeholders as evidenced in capabilities roadmap.Collaboratively drive capabilities into appropriate product line roadmaps.Work across functions to ensure holistic implementation of work, including pre-development and development, resulting in tangible new products/capabilities on the market.
Responsible for defining and updating the Program Budget according to internal processes.
Stays connected to and drives toward clinical and product state-of-the-art, including the attendance of select conferences and trade shows, along with creating and maintaining key opinion leader connections and network.
The main focus of the PPM is to enable the people of the project teams to work efficiently on the right topics and to positively influence all stakeholders, to make sure that the constraints concerning scope, quality, time and cost budgets are met.
Uses a structured problem-solving method to optimize dialysis related medical devices and select, develop, implement, and evaluate device/Diagnostics and Data Analytics solutions.
Conducts detailed project planning and directs ongoing process to review and assess impact of changes to project. Determines potential options and ensures appropriate escalation, selection, and approval of decisions.
Conducts site visits to review and evaluate deployed solutions in practice as necessary.
Assigns cross-functional resources in collaboration with functional managers and holds them accountable for task and outcome completion.
Leads cross-functional project team meetings and discussions ensuring appropriate participation, team focus on objectives, and documentation and communication of agreements and conclusions.
Identifies, mitigates and manages program/project risks in order to avoid that risks turn into project problems. Directs issue tracking and resolution for assigned projects.
Establishes communication plans for projects and ensures adherence to those plans while maintaining appropriate communication with all project constituents and stakeholders.
Responsible for driving management activity and reporting on assigned projects, including gate reviews, steering committees, review boards, escalations, and decisions.
Provides assistance to other staff with complex tasks that require considerable judgment and initiative. Mentor other staff as applicable.
Takes responsibility towards all project stakeholders and to the project organization (steering committee, project team, key users, etc.), to the final users and to the contractors.
Performs assessments and monitoring of project phases in order to deduce metrics about the performance of each project activities, project disciplines and project phases.
Motivates team members for efficient working.
Solves communication problems between groups of team members and other project stakeholders if necessary.
Negotiates and concludes contracts within the groups of project teams as well as with subcontractors and external vendors.
Manages arising changes (because of e.g. technical reasons as well as because of commercial reasons or any other reason).
Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor as well as other duties as assigned.
Pro-actively drives decisions in the cross functional team and uses the global cross functional governance boards for Milestone Reviews and escalations: Leadership Accountability Team (LAT), Global Accountability Team (GAT)
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Willingness to travel extensively, globally.
- May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced Degree preferred.
- PMI/PMP Certification strongly desired.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 5+ years’ experience internal senior management level role (e.g., Vice President); or 5+ years’ external experience in a senior management level role.
- 10+ years’ related experience, with a proven track record of successful delivery of substantive relevant programs/projects.
- Demonstrated experience managing one or more departments.
- Strong management skills with the ability to lead cohesive and productive teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management through diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Facilitator 10
- Leadership 9
- Patient 9
- Motivational 8
- Understanding 8
- Helpful 7
I see these people when they start, and when they're over that hump my heart just...I can't even describe it. It's just amazing.Joanne S., Registered Nurse
Take a Closer Look
- Healthcare FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Short/Long-term Disability
Tuition Assistance and CEU reimbursements ($500/year for full-time; $350/year for part-time)
PAID TIME OFF
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time. PTO can also be reimbursed for cash for up to 80 hours per year.
- Employee Pride
- Valued Team Members
- Motivation for Excellence
- Respect & Dignity
- Openness & Trust
- Adoption Assistance
- Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts
- Discount Fitness Program
401(K) RETIREMENT SAVING
Competitive vesting schedules and a company match of 50 cents for each dollar you save up to the first 6% of your salary (3% additional) after one year of employment.