Available Openings 2
Position Specific Information
- Medical Device Category Management
- Strategic Procurement
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for developing and executing strategies to support Fresenius Medical Care North America’s Supply Chain objectives. Responsible for strategic category management, supplier negotiations, contracts, and ongoing supplier management in assigned materials. Coordinates with Global Strategic Procurement organizations to ensure alignment of procurement strategies where material/service synergies exist.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strategically manage direct spend by utilizing a proven sourcing process that engages stakeholders, aligns business objectives, and ensures supply continuity.
- Act as subject matter expert on the supply and demand markets for assigned categories and their impact on the category.
- Gain credibility and secure high levels of internal stakeholder’s buy-in to strategic initiatives.
- Analyze global Category or market trends for assigned material/service purchases and communicate opportunities to Executive Management, recommending action plans based on market trends.
- Develop and direct annual cost savings programs that directly affect company financials and growth plans and generate progressive year over year cost reductions.
- Prepare requests for proposals for assigned materials/ services.
- Perform proposal analysis, including price analyses, “Should Cost” modeling, benchmarking, etc.
- Develop cost targets for negotiations, negotiation strategy, and develop and negotiate supply agreements.
- Lead supplier selection process, qualification of alternative sources, supply base rationalization programs and other relevant strategies to optimize the supply base.
- Active Supplier Relationship Management: Development and measurement of KPI’s, supplier audits, business reviews, improvement plans, new opportunities, awards, terminations, etc. including savings tracking and ongoing communication to management and stakeholders.
- Act as Liaison for resolving supplier/product related issues on assigned materials/services.
- Provides leadership and coaching to all direct reports and partners with human resources on employee matters.
- Works with employees to develop clear and concise development plans to ensure the advancement of future leaders within FMCNA (succession planning).
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5-10% travel is required
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced Degree preferred
- Advanced negotiations skills courses, a plus.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 8 – 12 years’ related experience; or a Master’s degree with 6 years’ experience; or a PhD with 3 years’ experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- 3+ years’ supervisory or project/program management experience preferred.
- Extensive experience managing sourcing projects from start to finish.
- eSourcing experience required.
- Proven ability to execute and generate cost reduction improvement.
- Proficient with PCs and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Moderate to complex level of financial analysis knowledge including business modeling and problem solving skills.
- Experience in negotiating pricing, contract terms and conditions including statements of work (SOWs).
- Experience in providing project management and team leadership for sourcing initiatives stakeholders.
- Results driven, innovative & creative. Aligns and energizes behind common objectives, action-oriented & willing to face challenging situations.
- The ability to formulate and articulate a strategy and business case for the category and build the tactical path.
- Critical thinking and decision making: The ability to solve complex problems and think through both tangible (holistic supply chain costs) and intangible (future value of supplier relationships) factors in making decisions for the company.
- Ability to interpret and ground decisions on solid analytics.
- Ability to negotiate the best possible terms with strategic suppliers that have a far reaching impact on our business.
- Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders, including executive management, to achieve the initiative objectives.
- Ability to develop relationships and build both a strong direct and indirect sphere of influence.
- Ability to take ownership, lead and influence to deliver the desired results.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs