Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Sr. Auditor is responsible for auditing estimated lease related payments, mainly Common Area Maintenance (CAM), but also other charges related to facility leases ensuring the Company only pays the portion of costs prescribed in the lease. This position is responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and auditing all assigned Landlord reconciliations to ensure such overall charges are in full compliance with the Lease and minimizing expenses.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs audits of CAM and other estimated facilities related charges paid to landlords.
- Reviews lease agreements to ensure charges incurred are proper per the terms of the agreement
- Performs assessments on the reasonableness of estimated payments to ensure they are as close to the actual amounts as possible
- Engaged in cost minimization by alerting management to areas of potential savings.
- Performs analytical procedures around lease related costs for reasonableness and reports anomalies to management.
- Compiles and summarizes audit findings and communicates to landlord to resolve discrepancies.
- Communicates findings to internal stakeholders / business partners when needed.
- Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations
- Assists Manager in couching staff auditors and assisting with more challenging audits, reconciliations, and lease interpretations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Involves work at a general office environment which includes periods of sitting at a desk and operating a computer up to 8 hours a day
- Limited Travel may be required
- No direct supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration required; Prior experience working in Audit, Accounting, Real Estate Audit, Lease Accounting and/or Lease/Contract Administration is preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 3 – 7 years’ related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, and Excel, as well as other similar computer programs
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Relevant experience in a fast paced, multi-project, operational environment, a plus
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Detail oriented, dependable & reliable
- Ability to understand and interpret Real Estate terminology
- Requires excellent time management skills
- CPA a plus
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs