Available Openings 1
Position Specific InformationLead technical accounting and financial reporting efforts
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Director, Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting provides leadership and technical guidance of accounting policy development and financial reporting within the assigned functional area(s). The individual in this role is responsible for the oral and written communication with senior leadership and external auditors for technical accounting, reporting, and accounting policies. As the subject matter expert on all technical accounting topics, the Director is responsible for research, documentation, implementation of IFRS pronouncements as well as working with the divisional teams and parent company in the areas of technical accounting and financial reporting.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide strategic leadership of short- and long-term goals through the use of thoughtful techniques in the communication of the company’s mission and core values as a means to implement positive change and/or create organizational structure within the assigned business unit(s).
- Review, interpret and develop diverse policies to ensure the assigned functional area(s) operates in compliance with company policies and procedures, GAAP, Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), Emerging Issues Task Force (EITF), International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and other regulatory requirements.
- Ensure clear and concise written documentation of accounting conclusions and accounting policies.
- Lead technical accounting research, prepare technical accounting memos and communicate technical accounting conclusions.
- Provide interpretation of new IFRS/GAAP and SEC rules and regulations and their effect on the business.
- Lead the coordination of external valuations on significant acquisitions and acts as a liaison between external valuation experts and the external audit team.
- Oversee analysis and financial due diligence processes to measure the performance of proposed acquisitions and/or business opportunities for the assigned business unit(s).
- Oversee the preparation of the quarterly and annual stand-alone financial statement report(s) including coordination with North America consolidations, tax and treasury teams.
- Lead efforts to ensure all applicable policies are consistently applied across the assigned functional area(s); serving as a subject matter expert (SME) for cross-divisional team management to determine best practices.
- Direct process improvement projects within the assigned functional area(s); delegating and managing project execution and planning.
- Lead operational efforts through subordinates to complete the administration of business processes and services to ensure the operations effective achievement of goals within the assigned business unit(s).
- Maintain a positive, results oriented work environment.
- Provide leadership, guidance and coaching for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
- Collaborate with employees in the establishment of clear and concise development plans to ensure succession planning and the advancement of future leaders within the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimal travel may be required.
- May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of accounting policy and/or financial projects staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related area required.
- Advanced Degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 10+ years’ related experience including a minimum of 6-8 years of prior “Big 4” public accounting experience with exposure to SEC reporting, revenue recognition, and financial statement analysis
- 5+ years’ experience as a Manager; or 5+ years’ experience in a senior managerial role.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license required.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting methods and work flows.
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and email applications.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently under minimal supervision, and alternately work cohesively within a team environment.
- Strong management skills with the ability to lead cohesive and productive teams.
- Demonstrated ability to train and educate other staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management through diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs