Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for overseeing the compensation function of a division (or divisions) of FMC in North America. Oversees and implements strategies for equity and incentive compensation programs, develops salary budgets and structures. Creates, maintains and updates policies and procedures within corporate guidelines to ensure the appropriate compliance and achievement of equitable and competitive employee compensation.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Oversees and manages the workload and responsibilities of Compensation Dept. staff.
- Monitors the research of market conditions and the analysis of survey data to establish and maintain equitable pay grades and competitive salary structures and ranges.
- Directs compensation administration activities such as job analyses and competitive benchmarking, and provides guidelines for structuring new hire offers, promotions and other pay adjustments, transfers etc.
- Provides advice and expertise to Compensation team members regarding compensation-related activities.
- Designs, plans and oversees the implementation and administration of compensation programs, policies and procedures.
- Provides strategic oversight, leadership and expertise to Compensation staff ensuring that compensation and pay practices are compliant with all pertinent regulatory requirements.
- Establishes departmental goals and objectives implementing performance standards aligned with company and business unit goals. Provides informal feedback on an ongoing basis and formal feedback in the annual performance evaluation. Manages the department staffing through the appropriate hiring, firing and disciplinary actions.
- Provides for the appropriate development and training of Compensation Dept. staff.
- Designs, develops and oversees compensation related training and education programs for executives, operations and line managers, and other support management. Provides separate training and education programs for targeted management groups as requested.
- Provides communication and training to other FMCNA HR staff and managers on compensation strategies, objectives, and the features of the compensation programs, providing tools and techniques to ensure that plan objectives are met and consistently applied.
- Collaborates with the HRIS department to explore options to optimize the use of the HRMS to increase efficiencies and accuracy of employee data, and to develop processes to promote more effective administration of salary changes and pay transactions.
- Manages the continuous improvement of the Compensation process, workflow and systems through frequent analyses and audits, providing recommendations for improvements to enable the company to attract, motivate and retain the best possible employees while maintaining compliance with all pertinent regulations and guidelines.
- Evaluates and audits various compensation programs and metrics to identify trends and understand program value, identifying and recommending adjustments and changes as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of Compensation staff.
Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced Degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 10+ years’ related experience.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Manager; or 5+ years’ experience in a senior compensation consultant role.
- SHRM Certification (SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP) is a plus.
- Current knowledge of Compensation strategies, theories, best practices, and regulations.
- Strong management skills with the ability to lead cohesive and productive teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management through diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills combined with effective interpersonal skills.
- Solid to expert knowledge of FLSA and Wage and Hour laws.
- Strong consultative skills to work with all levels of management in a relationship driven organization.
- Good understanding of total compensation practices.
- Competency with computer software applications such as Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to identify and solve problems creatively with a win-win focus.
- Must be flexible with the ability to work in situations where there is not unique correct answer.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs