Fresenius Medical Care nurses are on the front line of patient care, improving the quality of life of every patient, every day. That means providing dialysis care to 10-12 patients at any given time, and collaborating with our multi-disciplinary team to deliver a unique care plan to each one of them. This role is all about relationships and the bond you’ll create with patients and their families. Prior dialysis nursing experience is helpful, but many successful candidates come from a background in ICU, PCU and/or surgery.
Job DescriptionSwedesboro, New Jersey Job ID R0017176
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The professional registered nurse Outpatient RN CAP 1 is an entry level designation into the Clinical Advancement Program (CAP). This position is accountable and responsible for the provision and coordination of clinically competent care including assessment planning intervention and evaluation for an assigned group of patients. This may include delegation of appropriate tasks to direct patient care staff including but not limited to RNs LVN/LPNs and Patient Care Technicians. As a member of the End Stage Kidney Disease (ESKD) health care team this position participates in decision-making teaching leadership functions and quality improvement activities that enhance patient care outcomes and facility operations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
All duties and responsibilities are expected to be performed in accordance with Fresenius Kidney Care policy procedures standards of nursing practice state and federal regulations.
- Performs all essential functions under the direction of the Supervisor and with guidance from the Clinical Educator Preceptor or in collaboration with other Registered Nurses.
- Performs ongoing systematic collection and analysis of patient data pre – during – post hemodialysis treatment for assigned patients and documents in the patient medical record makes adjustments or modifications to treatment plan as indicated and notifies Team Leader Charge Nurse Supervisor or Physician as needed.
- Assesses collaborates and documents patient/family’s basic learning needs to provide initial and ongoing education to patients and family.
- Directs and provides in collaboration with direct and ancillary patient care staff all aspects of the daily provision of safe and effective delivery of hemodialysis therapy to assigned patients.
- Administers medications as prescribed or in accordance with approved algorithm(s) and documents appropriate medical justification and effectiveness.
- Initiates or assists with emergency response measures.
- Serves as a resource for health care team participates in staff training and orientation of new staff as assigned.
- Ensures correct laboratory collection processing and shipping procedures are performed and reschedules missed or insufficient laboratory collections.
- Identifies expected outcomes documents and updates the nursing assessment and plan of care for assigned patients through collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Ensures patient awareness related to transplant and treatment modality options.
- Required to complete CAP requirements to advance.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position provides direct patient care that regularly involves heavy lifting moving of patients and assisting with ambulation. Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide assistance.
- This position requires frequent prolonged periods of standing and the employee must be able to bend over.
- The employee may occasionally be required to move with assistance machines and equipment of up to 200 lbs. and may lift chemical and water solutions of up to 30 lbs. as high as 5 feet.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels.
- May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- Day to day work includes desk work computer work interaction with patients facility/hospital staff and physicians.
- The position may require travel to training sites or other facilities.
- May be asked to provide essential functions of this position in other locations with the same physical demands and working conditions as described above.
Assigned oversight of Patient Care Technicians/LPNs/LVNs/RNs as a Team Leader or designated Nurse in Charge after meeting all the following:
- Successful completion of all FKC education and training requirements for new employees.
- Must have a minimum of 9 months experience as a RN.
- Must have a minimum of 3 months experience in chronic/acute hemodialysis as a RN.
EDUCATION and LICENSURE:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current appropriate state licensure.
- Current or successful completion of CPR BLS Certification.
- Must meet the practice requirements in the state in which he or she is employed.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Entry level for RNs with less than 1 year of Nephrology Nursing experience in the last two years as a RN.
- Minimum of 9 months experience as a Registered Nurse (preferred).
- Chronic/acute hemodialysis experience (preferred).
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Detail Oriented
- Relationship Expertise
You have to be able to count on your co-workers to help you, and I see this here every day. Everybody works together, which is better for the patients.Carol B., Registered Nurse
We've got your back.
We fully believe that dedication and passion should be recognized and rewarded. That's why we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to all of our employees. Our benefits provide the flexibility, choice and support you need to be at your best as you play a vital part in helping patients live longer, better and healthier lives.
- Healthcare FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- RN Tuition Assistance Program
- Clinical Advancement Program (four practice tiers for RNs to advance your career)
Paid Time Off
Paid Time Off
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time.
- Employee Pride
- Valued Team Members
- Motivation for Excellence
- Respect & Dignity
- Openness & Trust
- Adoption Assistance
- Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts
- Discount Fitness Program
401(K) Retirement Saving
401(K) Retirement Saving
Competitive vesting schedules and a company match of 50 cents for each dollar you save up to the first 6% of your salary (3% additional) after one year of employment.
We are so glad you are interested in a career with FMCNA! What happens next?
Application & Assessment
First you will need to complete your online application. Some roles may also require an online assessment to be completed.
Then a recruiter will review the applications submitted and select those most aligned with the role to move forward. If selected, The recruiter will contact you to schedule the next step.
Next, you will participate in phone/video interview(s) with our recruiter & leadership team.
The recruiter will provide feedback to you on your interview(s) and update you on any hiring decisions.
Next, the recruiter will extend a formal offer if you are selected for the position.
Lastly, you will accept your offer and complete pre-employment checks and paperwork.
Learn more about working at Fresenius Medical Care at an upcoming hiring event near you.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
By signing up for Job Alerts, you'll receive the latest job openings based in your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Join Our Talent Network
Joining our Talent Community allows us to send you company news, career event announcements and other career-related information.