Fresenius Medical Care nurses are on the front line of patient care, improving the quality of life of every patient, every day. That means providing dialysis care to 10-12 patients at any given time, and collaborating with our multi-disciplinary team to deliver a unique care plan to each one of them. This role is all about relationships and the bond you’ll create with patients and their families. Prior dialysis nursing experience is helpful, but many successful candidates come from a background in ICU, PCU and/or surgery.
- Job Level: Experienced/Non-Managerial
- Travel: Minimal
Job DescriptionStoneham, Massachusetts | Marlborough, Massachusetts | Parsippany, New Jersey | Teaneck, New Jersey | Framingham, Massachusetts | Flemington, New Jersey | Bloomfield, New Jersey | Springfield, Massachusetts | Yarmouth, Massachusetts | Pawtucket, Rhode Island | Harrison, New Jersey | Shrewsbury, Massachusetts | Colonia, New Jersey | Peabody, Massachusetts | Cortland, Ohio | Toms River, New Jersey | Chicopee, Massachusetts | Methuen, Massachusetts | Newington, Connecticut | Linden, New Jersey | Paramus, New Jersey | Jersey City, New Jersey | Chelmsford, Massachusetts | Fairhaven, Massachusetts
Available Openings 40
Position Specific Information
- $10,000 bonuses offered
- Start after graduation - prior to passing the NCLEX (or start date of newly graduated nurse's choosing)
- Newly licensed RNs welcome
- Enrolled in a Nurse Residency Program: During your first-year train/work in a nurturing supportive environment, assigned a nurse mentor, grequent check in's with out Nurse Education team, your manager & nurse mentor, and offered additional training courses as a new grad tha lend to your first year development
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
This position is for graduates of an accredited school of Nursing working in a state that does not allow graduates to perform nursing duties until licensed. The specific job title used will be determined based on the state where the employee is employed.
Functions as part of the hemodialysis health care team providing safe and effective dialysis therapy for patients under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse while working towards obtaining their nursing license. Employees hired into this position will be required to obtain their nursing license within 90 days of their hire date.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs vascular access evaluation pre-treatment.
- Performs and records Pre and Post dialysis evaluation, weight and vital signs with initial identification.
- Performs vascular access cannulation and reports any difficulties in cannulation or unusual findings to nurse supervisor.
- Initiates dialysis treatment according to prescribed orders including blood flow (QB) and dialysate flow (QD).
- Evaluates intradialytic problems and provides intervention as prescribed by physician order or as directed.
- Monitors patients’ response to dialysis therapy.
- Obtains vital signs prior to reinfusion; performs all relevant functions necessary for the discontinuation of treatment and documents appropriately.
- Evaluates patient prior to termination of venous access - standing & sitting blood pressure.
- Obtains hemostasis and applies appropriate dressings.
- Evaluates the patient prior to discharge.
- Documents information related to patient treatment including documentation in the patient health record.
- Reports any significant information and/or change in patient condition directly to the nurse supervisor.
- Performs and documents interventions for unusual patient status and document patients' response to intervention.
- Obtains all prescribed laboratory testing and prepares specimens for collection.
Maintenance / Technical:
- Conducts all tasks necessary for preparation for dialysis treatment and documents where appropriate.
- Maintains environmental integrity and aesthetics - ensures all areas are safe and clean.
- Cleans and disinfects dialysis machine surface, chair, equipment, and surrounding area between treatments according to facility policy.
- Performs all required pretreatment dialysis machine set up and testing.
- Ensures that all blood spills are immediately cleaned with appropriate disinfectant according to facility policy.
- Prepares, organizes, and efficiently utilizes supplies and equipment to prevent waste.
Clerical & Administrative:
- Enters all treatment data into the designated clinical application accurately and in a timely manner.
- Reviews health care record for completeness and ensures omitted entries are completed or corrected where appropriate.
- Prepares lab requisitions for prescribed or stat lab specimens according to laboratory destination.
- Collects, labels, appropriately prepares and stores lab samples according required laboratory specifications.
- Ensures collection of lab specimens by appropriate lab courier.
- As a condition of continued employment, you are required to obtain and maintain any required credentials or certifications necessary for your position in an active and valid status (including renewal of such credentials or certifications prior to any expiration date). In the event that your credential or certified status changes, you must notify your supervisor immediately.
- Capable of working in a challenging environment which requires the ability to handle demanding situations, multitasking, and remaining flexible to changing needs.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employees are required to take the Ishihara's Color Blindness test as a condition of employment. Note that: Failing the Ishihara Test for Color Blindness does not preclude employment. The Company will consider whether reasonable accommodations can be made.
- Work includes using a desk and personal computer as well as interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The position may require travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Travel to regional, Business Unit and Corporate meetings may be required.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- The position provides direct patient care that regularly involves heavy lifting and moving of patients, and assisting with ambulation. Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide assistance. This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of standing and the employee must be able to bend over. The employee may occasionally be required to push and/or pull equipment, exerting up to 15 pounds of force. The employee may be required to lift and to lower solutions on a frequent basis of up to 30 lbs., and on an occasional lift basis up to 40 lbs., as high as 5 feet. There is a two-person assist program and "material assist” devices for the heavier items.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED CREDENTIALS:
- Must have a nursing degree from an accredited nursing program
- Must obtain nursing license within 90 days of employment
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Previous patient care experience in a hospital setting or a related facility preferred.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Communicator 10
- Compassionate 10
- Detail Oriented 9
- Relationship Expertise 9
- Facilitator 8
- Leadership 8
You have to be able to count on your co-workers to help you, and I see this here every day. Everybody works together, which is better for the patients.Carol B., Registered Nurse
A day in the life of a clinic RN
Employee support, enthusiasm and engagement at FMCNA
- Healthcare FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Short/Long-term Disability
- RN Tuition Assistance Program
- Clinical Advancement Program (four practice tiers for RNs to advance your career)
PAID TIME OFF
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time.
- Employee Pride
- Valued Team Members
- Motivation for Excellence
- Respect & Dignity
- Openness & Trust
- Adoption Assistance
- Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts
- Discount Fitness Program
401(K) RETIREMENT SAVING
Competitive vesting schedules and a company match of 50 cents for each dollar you save up to the first 6% of your salary (3% additional) after one year of employment.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
By signing up for Job Alerts, you'll receive the latest job openings based in your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Join Our Talent Network
Joining our Talent Community allows us to send you company news, career event announcements and other career-related information.