Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information
- Must be located in St. Petersburg / Tampa Bay, FL area.
- We are offering a relocation sign-on BONUS for the right person!
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Manager, Pharmacy oversees the daily operations and activities of staff, providing direction, support and guidance as appropriate. The incumbent monitors the efficiency and efficacy of the team, ensuring all patient and customer questions/concerns are addressed appropriately and professionally in a timely manner. The Manager, Pharmacy coordinates materials, locations, and visits for the Pharmacy Service Group to ensure contacts with customer sites flow smoothly and properly. The incumbent provides system and process training for FRx operation’s employees, assisting in cross-training between different positions as needed.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supervises the day to day activities of the assigned team ensuring that each individual’s work meets the established performance standards regarding the dispensing of pharmacy products.
- Monitors and evaluates the workflow of the team ensuringappropriate balance and allocation of tasks for efficient and timely processing and dispensing.
- Monitors enrollment volume and timelinesfor quality controlassessment and identifying trends and issues.
- Recommends process and operational improvements as appropriate.
- Ensures customer/patient satisfaction and facilitates problem resolution,fielding escalated calls and issues as needed.
- Works with pharmacy/management to create and maintain staffing levels within operations. Coordinates and schedules meetings/trainings and communicationbetween pharmacy and office staff.
- Assists with training new and existing employees. Coaches staff in operational activities to ensure compliance with departmental and organizational goals and objectives.
- Assists with management of department staffing by providing input regarding hiring, firing, and disciplinary actions. Does nothave the direct ability to hire,terminate, or authorize salary changes.
- Acts as the QA Control within respective team and manages the FRx policy and procedures process to include: revising and updating the documents, training, and maintaining master copies.
Prepares pertinent statistical reports, noting trends and issues. Provides analysis and recommendations to team as well as other FRx management.
- Prepares summaries of FRx operations staff efforts, contacts, and resultant patientenrollments to support management decisions.
- Provides analyses and other support services for the Director of Operations.
- Provides administrative support on an as needed basis for Executive Team.
Facilitates new patient sign up process, troubleshooting problems as they arise. Participates in patient acquisition process as deemed necessary.
- Processes initial application and pre-enrollment form with patient verification.
- Enters applicant data in the system.
- Tracks patient status within the application process, addresses any problems.
- Coordinates production of marketing materials; to include new enrollment information and patient/staff education materials. Ensures appropriate inventory of materials to meet customer sales efforts.
- Works with Pharmacy Representatives to ensure materials are available to support marketing efforts.
- Assists in providing direction, expertise and support to the Pharmacy Services Dept. staff providing ongoing informal performance feedback and formal feedback through the annual performance evaluation process.
- Manages work queues and maintains efficient processing and dispensing of prescribed medications, drugs and other pharmaceuticals to patients in a timely manner.
- Ensures accuracy of prescriptions, identifies inconsistencies, and initiates appropriate action to correct identified problems. Identifies, recommends and implements process improvements and efficiencies as appropriate.
- Acts as a resource for Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians, and other staff members by providing guidance, direction and advice as to the correct processes, procedures, and pertinent regulations.
- Works collaboratively across all departments and business lines and helps build a high-quality, service-oriented team
- Assists Director of Pharmacy in overseeing pharmacy patient services, policy implementation, patient satisfaction, and performance improvement.
- Assists in maintaining current information as to trends and developments in drugs, clinical care, and business interests, and presents recommendations to the Director of Pharmacy and rest of the management team.
- Reviews, interprets, processes and dispenses prescriptions in a timely and accurate manner while ensuring patient confidentiality at all times.
- Ensures compliance with all pertinent company standard operating procedures and policies and all local, state, and federal regulatory requirements.
- Maintains established quality assurance procedures, security of all prescription medication, and appropriate disposal of materials, adhering to infection-control protocols, and maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
- Makes professional decisions regarding therapy management, often requiring the use of query reports.
- Maintains pharmacy files, charge system, and inventory, using the Pharmacy Management software, ensuring accuracy of data at all times.
- Tracks patient data, such as patient name, prescribed medication and cost.
- For drug recalls, runs a report to determine the names of any patients who have received the drug(s).
- Provides clinical consultation to internal personnel and/or patients regarding medication.
- Answers questions and provides information to patients and internal personnel on drug interaction, side effects, dosage and storage of pharmaceuticals.
- Resolves issues that arise when patient is out of medication.
- Maintains current pharmaceutical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and participating in professional societies.
- Provides recommendations to healthcare providers and patients. Consults with patient and physician regarding over the counter products, side effects, and dosages, ensuring accuracy of information at all times.
- Interacts with internal departments and external customers; particularly in problem resolution. Acts as an advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Responsible for hiring, coaching and counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action and terminations.
- Provides technical guidance.
- Assists with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Day to day work includes desk and personalcomputer work and interactionwith patients, facility staff and physicians. The essential functions of this position may involve frequent, prolonged periods of standing, significant periods of computer use and may require the lifting, moving or carrying of inventory/equipment (up to 25lbs).
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- The position may require travelbetween assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Travel to Regional, Divisional and Corporate meetings may be required on occasion.
May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of Operations staff.
- Bachelor of Science Pharmacy degree from an accredited school of Pharmacy; Doctorate of Pharmacy, preferred.
- Appropriate state licensure required.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 6 – 8 years’ related experience.
- 3+ years’ experience as a Pharmacy Supervisor.
- Strong management skills with the ability to lead cohesive and productive teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management through diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to learn pharmacy systems.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of current Pharmacy Law.
- Ability to be licensed in various states.
- Strong clinical background.
- Previous experience in a pharmacy practice; retail or mail-order pharmacy experience preferred.
- Dialysis or pharmacy experience a plus.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs