PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements.
Fresenius Medical Care NA is committed to continually improving the clinical outcomes experienced by our patients and ensures adherence to company standards as well as federal, state and local laws and regulations. The Regional Quality Manager (RQM) contributes to the achievement of these objectives by promoting and supporting the use of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) principles, methods and tools to improve processes at the facility, area, and regional levels of the organization. Provides guidance, support, and education in collaboration with other internal departments to enhance clinical and operational outcomes and reduce company risk. Serves as an UltraCare champion and role model.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
Promotes and facilitates the implementation and integration of FMCNA’s Quality Enhancement and Management Program (QEMP) into the facilities’ standard operating procedures. Mentors and trains staff to collect, trend, and analyze data on a day to day basis to monitor the effectiveness of their clinical and operational processes and the effect on patient’s satisfaction, morbidity and mortality.
- Promotes utilization of CQI principles to increase patient satisfaction, increase staff satisfaction, and provide overall improved organizational performance.
- Utilizes spread techniques to diffuse and promote the use of effective demonstrated practices and collaboration between facilities and areas to share processes, procedures, and formulas for success. Mentors and assists facilities in identifying effective practices applicable to their needs, in testing for desired results, and the adoption and implementation of these practices.
- Ensures the use of data, benchmarking, and graphical representations in performance improvement activities. Analyzes, manages and reports data as needed to identify improvement opportunities and measure the progress of improvement projects.
- Collaborates with Regional representatives of the Medical and Clinical Advisory Boards to conduct activities that promote and advance the QEMP relating to improvement of clinical outcomes.
- Promotes, advances, and assists with implementation of FMS clinical and educational initiatives.
- Responds to facility and regional management to inquiries regarding clinical policies and procedures, clinical standards, as well as professional practice and regulatory licensing issues. Provides guidance, interpretation and subject matter expertise.
- Collaborates with Clinical Services in the development and implementation of new clinical, technical and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Participates in facility Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAI) meetings at a frequency determined by the VPQ considering geographic and Business Unit needs. Utilizes these meetings to collaborate with facility management staff to:
- Educates and advances the use of the QAI Program tools to ensure adherence to QAI activities, tracking and trending of required metrics to ensure the identification and prioritization of performance improvement opportunities and the monitoring of clinical and operational effectiveness on a regular and ongoing basis.
- Evaluates the effectiveness, directly and indirectly, of the facility QAI Program and CQI activities and provides recommendations, written or verbal, to facility and area management.
- Collaborates with Operations, Educational and Technical Departments and coordinates quality improvement and educational activities to achieve improvement in clinical and operational outcomes and compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Conducts facility risk assessments to identify opportunities for improvement, develop plans, and evaluate effectiveness of improvement activities. Conducts exit conferences with facility management staff to review risk assessment results and evaluation of QAI Program effectiveness. Provides guidance in the development of an action plan. Conducts comprehensive facility surveys at the direction of the VPQ. Prepares and disseminates reports on finding to VPQ and/or other managers as needed.
- Reviews completion of facility QAI activities including adherence to QAI calendar, monitors progress, and reports to VPQ. Provides reports to other Business Unit managers as directed including RVPs and VPOs. Collaborates with Education and Technical Departments to educate Clinical Managers and Area Managers on the completion of routine internal QAI reviews to identify risk areas, prioritize performance improvement activities and ensure follow through and completion of action plans.
- Responds to emergent requests from VPQ to investigate, intervene and assist with resolution of a facility specific problem including clinical variances and serious adverse events. These requests may be generated by RVPs, Clinical Services, Compliance, HR or other internal departments and are routed through the VPQ.
- Fosters and maintains good working relationships with state survey agencies, CMS regional offices, ESRD Networks and other regulatory bodies that have jurisdiction over FMCNA facilities.
- Fosters and maintains good working relationships with the ESRD professional community to promote FMCNA as an industry leader.
- Identifies educational needs and provides programs and guidance to improve clinical outcomes and ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations as well as Fresenius Medical Care policies and procedures through the use of CQI principles, methods and tools.
- Provides guidance and oversight in development, completion and effectiveness of Plans of Correction (POC) related to CMS, State, OSHA, FDA, and other regulatory surveys as well as internal audits (i.e. compliance audits) as directed.
- Stays abreast of, and utilizes, current knowledge of FMS clinical and administrative policies and procedures, available internal resources, working knowledge of CMS Conditions of Coverage for ESRD facilities, knowledge of quality improvement concepts, principles and practices to perform tasks and duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Set and achieve improved clinical, technical, and operational outcomes,
- Identify risk areas and opportunities for improvement, and
- Assist with root cause analysis as needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The position requires travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Travel to regional, Business Unit and Corporate meetings may be required.
The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious
Considerable travel required.
- RN required.
- Bachelors’ degree preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- At least 3 years clinical management experience in dialysis (for example as Clinical Manager, Area Manager, Education Coordinator, Charge RN)
- At least 2 years as a nephrology nurse.
- Experience in quality, risk management, case management or infection control,
- Strong organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Maturity and tact essential.
- Good understanding of the relationship between providers of health care services and regulatory agencies.
- Good critical thinking skills and proven quality improvement experience.
- Able to analyze & propose alternate solutions, assist in resolving sensitive to complex issues/problems
- Able to differentiate between when coordination may be performed by telephone or written instruction, and requires approval by higher level authority.
- Able to travel 50% - 80% of the time and valid driver’s license.
- Preferred - experience in teaching/consulting and in complex organizations (with Corporate Regional, Area and Local management)
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs