Inpatient RNs at Fresenius Medical Care perform dialysis treatments on an acute patient population in a hospital setting, including ICU, ER and Med/Surg units. What makes this role truly unique is the level of autonomy you’ll enjoy. Inpatient nurses are specifically accountable for administering and assessing each patient’s treatment plan. And because dialysis is a critical treatment for many hospital procedures and health conditions, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of patients. Ideal candidates possess leadership skills and independence needed to make quick decisions in a fast-paced environment. Six months to one year of dialysis experience and some form of critical care nursing experience are also required.
- Level: Experienced/Non-Managerial
- Travel: Local Travel Required
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassionate 10
- Flexible 9
- Independent 9
- Quick-thinking 8
- Patient 8
- Responsible 7
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
Lesly, Inpatient Services RNYou have a lot of independence...so the doctors trust you. You have to be able to make decisions on your own.
A day in the life of an Inpatient Services Nurse
The history of FMCNA
Medical • Dental • Vision Healthcare FSA Dependent Care FSA Short- and Long-term Disability
401(K) Retirement Saving
Competitive vesting schedules and a company match of 50 cents for each dollar you save up to the first 6% of your salary (3% additional) after one year of employment.
RN Tuition Assistance Program
Clinical Advancement Program (four practice tiers for RNs to advance your career)
Paid Time Off
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time. PTO can also be reimbursed for cash for up to 80 hours per year.
The elevated responsibility of Inpatient RNs helps foster confidence and leadership skills, and allows for a more holistic role in the treatment process.
Wireless, Automobile, and Computer Discounts
Discount Fitness Program
Available Openings 1
Lead, inspire, motivate and develop a team of strong, versatile performers. Brighten prospects for patients as well as your career. Help others, and enhance your potential for success with a premier healthcare organization.
Connect with your goals and change lives
with Fresenius Medical Care North America.
Use your passion for excellence to drive positive change—one patient at a time. Empower and encourage your team to learn and develop new skills. Established as the global leader in dialysis healthcare, we form powerful bonds among patients, their families, and our team members. Through this unique approach, we have built an atmosphere of clinical excellence and professional achievement. Offering vast training and development opportunities, we advance careers and the health of countless individuals.
Why Join the Fresenius Team?
Passion. Dedication. Knowledge. Motivation. Experience. These are the impressive qualities you’ll find in the Fresenius Leadership Team. Our strength in the North American market and extensive global network provide our employees with the best of both worlds—the friendliness of a local organization and the stability of a worldwide organization—for diverse experiences and challenging career opportunities. When you join the Fresenius Medical Care team, you’ll be welcomed into a company that is built on the philosophy that our employees are our most important asset. Our career advantages include the following:
- Fresenius Medical Care is the nation’s largest provider of renal care, meeting the needs of more than 135,000 patients at 1,800 clinics throughout the country.
- Our well-established, trusted organization fosters a spirit of camaraderie, emphasizing friendly collaboration, professional support, and career development.
- Superior training, UltraCare® quality control, and certification procedures ensure your potential to succeed and advance as a professional.
- Competitive compensation and exceptional benefits.
- Outstanding tuition reimbursement program.
- Recognized among Fortune’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” in 2011.
- National Safety Award from CNA insurance companies for 11 consecutive years.
- Opportunities to give back by participating in philanthropy and community outreach programs.
Make the most of this exceptional opportunity to become part of a premier healthcare organization. The professional we select will provide efficient coordination and supervision of acute care staff. In addition, this individual will provide dialysis services to hospitalized patients as prescribed by physicians.
Employees are required to take the Ishihara's Color Blindness test as a condition of employment. Note that: Failing the Ishihara Test for Color Blindness does not preclude employment. The Company will consider whether reasonable accommodations can be made.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current appropriate state licensure.
- Must meet the practice requirements in the state in which he or she is employed.
- Minimum of one year medical-surgical nursing experience preferred.
- Six months of hemodialysis experience preferred.
- ICU experience preferred but not required.
- Successfully complete a training course in the theory and practice of hemodialysis.
- Successfully complete CPR Certification.
- Familiarity with all emergency operational procedures.
- Nurses technical training.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity