Inpatient RNs at Fresenius Medical Care perform dialysis treatments on an acute patient population in a hospital setting, including ICU, ER and Med/Surg units. What makes this role truly unique is the level of autonomy you’ll enjoy. Inpatient nurses are specifically accountable for administering and assessing each patient’s treatment plan. And because dialysis is a critical treatment for many hospital procedures and health conditions, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of patients. Ideal candidates possess leadership skills and independence needed to make quick decisions in a fast-paced environment. Six months to one year of dialysis experience and some form of critical care nursing experience are also required.
Job DescriptionJob ID R0032787 Available Openings 2
10,000 RN with no experience
20,000 RN with Dialysis experience
Relocation package available
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The professional registered nurse Inpatient Services RN CAP 1 is an entry level designation into the Clinical Advancement Program (CAP). This position is accountable and responsible for the provision and coordination of clinically competent care including assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation for an assigned group of patients. This may include delegation of appropriate tasks to direct patient care staff including but not limited to RNs, LVN/LPNs and Patient Care Technicians. As a member of the kidney disease health care team, this position participates in decision-making, teaching, leadership functions, and quality improvement activities that enhance patient care outcomes and program operations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
All duties and responsibilities are expected to be performed in accordance with Fresenius Kidney Care, policy,procedures, standards of nursing practice, applicable contractual serviceagreements, state and federal regulations.
- Performs all essential functions under the direction of the Supervisor and with guidance from the Educator, Preceptor or in collaboration with another Registered Nurse.
- Performs ongoing, systematic collection and analysis of patient data pre – during – post treatment for assigned patients and documents in the patient medical record, makes adjustments and modifications to treatment plan as indicated and notifies Supervisor, Physician, patient’s primary nurse and others as may be indicated.
- Assesses, collaborates and documents patient/family’s basic learning needs to provide initial and ongoing education to patients and family.
- Recognizes aspects and implications of patient status that vary from normal and reports to or collaborates with appropriate health team members for input including but not limited to Supervisor, appropriate physician, and the contracted facility primary Nurse.
- Directs and provides safe effective patient care for assigned patients as prescribed for all modality specific treatment procedures.
- Assesses daily assigned patient care needs and collaborates with direct and ancillary patient care staff as needed.
- Initiates and coordinates communication with FKC and Non-FKC dialysis providers and appropriate contracted facility personnel as needed to provide continuity of patient care.
- Performs the implementation, administration, monitoring, and documentation of patient's response to prescribed intradialytic transfusions, including appropriate notification of adverse reactions to physician and appropriate blood supplier.
- Administers medications as prescribed and documents appropriate medical justification and effectiveness.
- Initiates and assists with emergency response measures.
- Serves as a resource for health care team, participates in staff training and orientation of new staff as assigned.
- May be asked to provide specialized nursing care instruction to hospital/facility staff as stipulated contractually.
- May be assigned to assist in an Outpatient facility on an as needed basis.
- Required to complete CAP requirements to advance.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position provides direct patient care that regularly involves heavy lifting, moving of patients and assisting with ambulation. Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide assistance.
- This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of standing and the employee must be able to bend over.
- The employee may occasionally be required to move, with assistance, machines and equipment of up to 200 lbs., and may lift chemical and water solutions of up to 30 lbs. as high as 5 feet.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels.
- May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- May be asked to provide essential functions of this position in other locations with the same physical demands and working conditions as described above.
- Day to day work includes, desk work, computer work, interaction with patients, facility/hospital staff and physicians.
- The position requires travel to training/meeting sites and between assigned facilities.
- Position requires participation in on-call rotation, night, weekend, holiday or as defined by individual program needs.
Assigned oversight of Patient Care Technicians/LVN/LPNs/RNs as a designated Nurse in Charge, after meeting all the following:
- Successful completion of all FKC education and modality specific training requirements for new employees.
- Must have a minimum of 9 months experience as a RN.
- 6 months experience in acute dialysis as a RN.
EDUCATION and LICENSURE:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current appropriate state licensure.
- Current or successful completion of CPR BLS Certification
- Must meet the practice requirements in all states in which he or she is employed.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Entry level for RNs with less than 1 year of Nephrology Nursing experience in the last two years as an RN
- Minimum 9 months experience as a Registered Nurse, 12 months (preferred).
- 6 months acute dialysis experience (preferred)
- Hemodialysis and/or ICU experience (preferred).
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have a lot of independence...so the doctors trust you. You have to be able to make decisions on your own.Lesly, Inpatient Services RN
We've got your back.
We fully believe that dedication and passion should be recognized and rewarded. That’s why we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to all of our employees. Our benefits provide the flexibility, choice and support you need to be at your best as you play a vital part in helping patients live longer, better and healthier lives.
- Healthcare FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
Tuition Assistance and CEU reimbursements ($500/year for full‑time; $350/year for part‑time)
Paid Time Off
Paid Time Off
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time. PTO can also be reimbursed for cash for up to 80 hours per year.
The elevated responsibility of Inpatient RNs helps foster confidence and leadership skills, and allows for a more holistic role in the treatment process.
- Adoption Assistance
- Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts
- Discount Fitness Program
401(K) Retirement Saving
401(K) Retirement Saving
Competitive vesting schedules and a company match of 50 cents for each dollar you save up to the first 6% of your salary (3% additional) after one year of employment.
We are so glad you are interested in a career with FMCNA! What happens next?
Application & Assessment
First you will need to complete your online application. Some roles may also require an online assessment to be completed.
Then a recruiter will review the applications submitted and select those most aligned with the role to move forward. If selected, The recruiter will contact you to schedule the next step.
Next, you will participate in phone/video interview(s) with our recruiter & leadership team.
The recruiter will provide feedback to you on your interview(s) and update you on any hiring decisions.
Next, the recruiter will extend a formal offer if you are selected for the position.
Lastly, you will accept your offer and complete pre-employment checks and paperwork.
Learn more about working at Fresenius Medical Care at an upcoming hiring event near you.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
By signing up for Job Alerts, you'll receive the latest job openings based in your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Join Our Talent Network
Joining our Talent Community allows us to send you company news, career event announcements and other career-related information.