Now offering a $2,000 sign on bonus
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Department Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day technical, scientific and administrative management of the Department's operation and personnel and must be accessible to the Laboratory to provide on-site, telephone or electronic consultation.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supervises the daily operations of the team, including but not limited to establishing mutual goals, assigning tasks and maintaining schedules.
Provides direct supervision of the assigned team(s) through ongoing leadership and guidance in conjunction with the manager and partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
Ensures daily production deadlines and quality standards are met through appropriate management of available resources. Maintains high efficiency and productivity and meets turnaround time goals.
Establishes and maintains a Quality Control Program in conjunction with manager appropriate for the testing performed and ensures acceptable performance standards from initial receipt of the specimen, through specimen analysis and reporting of results.
Supervises review/edit/release functions of appropriate staff to ensure that results are accurately and correctly reported.
Maintains up-to-date SOP and Procedure Manuals. Includes Technical Procedure Manuals, Administrative Manuals, Safety Manuals, etc.
Maintains an Inspection Ready status for CAP, NYS and any other applicable Regulation Agencies.
Ensures employee compliance with safety and other regulatory requirements, e.g. OSHA, Fire Safety, Business Practice Compliance, etc.
Recommends, evaluates, and implements test methodologies and instrumentation. Verifies and establishes performance characteristics e.g., the precision and accuracy of each test and test system. Also includes working with and negotiating with vendors, doing viability studies, presenting cost analysis reports, etc.
Develops and conducts investigational studies/experiments, test evaluations, method comparisons, and a variety of process improvement projects.
Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires a review of relevant factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action. The role primarily focuses on tactical execution.
Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and the process by which to meet the goals. Management reviews work to measure the meeting of objectives.
Provides direction to employees, according to established policies, procedures and management guidance. Supervises day-to-day operations of employees. Responsible for hiring, coaching, and counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action, and terminations in collaboration with the department manager.
Administers company policies, processes, and procedures that directly affect subordinate employees and the workflow unit. Recommends changes to unit or sub-unit policies.
External interaction is typically with suppliers, vendors, and/or customers. May work with external companies or vendors to resolve routine problems and/or facilitate workflow.
Provides technical guidance.
Assists with various projects as assigned by the direct supervisor.
Develops, maintains and monitor the effectiveness of key functional metrics in conjunction with department goal and under the direction of manager.
Performs duties of a technologist as necessitated by absence or peak workload.
Initiates quality-control measures and monitors quality of work for adherence to laboratory standards.
Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Flexibility to change schedule and hours as needed.
- Ability to work in a high-volume production environment.
- Be accessible by phone and/or email for emergencies.
- May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of laboratory staff.
- Bachelor's Degree required in Medical Laboratory Science, Advance degree in Medical Laboratory Science preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a Medical Laboratory Scientist with certification/license required. 1 - 3 years' management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of good laboratory practices and Regulatory requirements (CAP, CLIAA, OSHA, etc.).
- Strong general management skills (planning, organization, project management, training, etc.).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Good written and oral communication skills (documentation, record keeping, presentations, etc.).
- Knowledge of financial and materials management preferred.
- Proficient with PCs and Microsoft Office Applications.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs