Available Openings 1
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of LAN and WAN; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
Acts as team lead for the design and engineering of network solutions and upgrades, administration and maintenance of FMCNA LAN and WAN data communication systems ensuring effective and efficient operations.
- Provides direction and subject matter expertise in the analysis and resolution of complex networking problems.
- Provides root cause evaluation and analysis with an in-depth knowledge of factors involved and determines the appropriate course of action.
- Ensures implementation of the resolutions and corrections in a timely manner.
Creates and maintains documentation on network design projects:
- Collects network and project requirements to create and develop network designs.
- Conducts feasibility network assessments.
- Creates diagrams and detailed design documents of device descriptions and narratives describing the functions of the design.
- Represents data communications team in collaborative discussions with other IT departments and external vendors in the evaluation, selection and implementation of enterprise software and/or hardware on the FMCNA enterprise network.
- Collaborates with networking team, internal IT customers and corporate help desk on networking issues from inception through resolution assisting with the identification of issues, and researching and determining the appropriate actions for resolution.
- Leads data communications projects to ensure projects are in scope and communicates project status updates to appropriate managers.
- Actively participates in emerging technology investigation and evaluation that support FMCNA’s business goals. Identifies, documents and assists in the implementation of these technologies within the networking infrastructure and date centers.
- Contributes to the creation and maintenance of Data Communications documentation, policies and procedures pertaining to hardware and software inventory management of data networking platforms, including routers and switches.
Maintains current knowledge regarding industry practices regarding networking:
- Identifies and recommends areas for process improvement related to data center and assesses layer design best practices and approaches.
- Promotes best practices in day-to-day, break-fix networking issues to all team members.
- Mentors data communications engineers and participates in knowledge transfer sessions and process improvement discussions to disseminate current information regarding IT strategies and business needs to engineers.
- Facilitates effective communication among junior members of the team and continually seeks opportunities to increase internal satisfaction of other IT infrastructure teams.
- May escalate issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to accommodate scheduling changes due to deadlines and priorities. Occasional weekend and late night projects as needed.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Position will require physical labor with pulling cable, moving hardware, etc.
- At times, after hours on-call support will be required through a scheduled and as needed basis. Response may be requested by phone, remote access, or on-site presence depending on business needs.
- Some travel may be required for this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 5 – 8 years’ related experience; or a Master’s degree with 3 years’ experience; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good documentation and Visio skills
- Broad background in Networking Technologies
- Ability to prioritize workflow and issues.
- CCNA, CCNP required.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
IT/Security, Data Center and Infrastructure Focus
- Hands-on support experience is required with Cisco VPN Concentrators, Firewalls, Routers, WLAN, Catalyst and Nexus Series Switches, and Load balancers.
- Advanced knowledge in the following technologies, but is not limited to: VPN concentrators, firewalls, routers, switches, WAN, WLAN, MAN, LAN.
- VPN technologies including SSL, IPSEC, Anyconnect, DMVPN.
- Routing protocols, including OSPF, EIGRP and BGP.
- Advanced knowledge in Data Center Technologies including FCOE, VPC, FibreChannel, iSCSI, OTV, LISP.
- Skilled use of Packet Capture/Analysis tools.
- Conduct scheduled audits of network routers, switches, intrusion detection devices, firewalls, wireless access points, and servers for vulnerabilities and unnecessary services. Identifies and develops remediation plan for management review. Participates or leads in root-cause analysis providing in-depth knowledge of factors involved and determines appropriate remediation.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity preparation on a yearly basis and as needed.
- Strong foundation for IT based security, including web-based technologies.
- Responsible for PBX system by creating extensions, ACD, call queues, resetting passwords, responding to outages, and implementation of new features. Knowledge of VOIP and Avaya PBX technologies.
- Knowledge of standard cabling technologies such as UTP (Category 3, 5, 5e and 6), fiber optic (single mode, multi-mode), and coaxial
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs