Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for the preparation, setup, and processing of clinical samples to maintain the quality and production output necessary for laboratory testing.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under close supervision acquires job skills and learns company policies, and procedures to complete routine tasks.
Works on assignments that are routine in nature.
Contacts are primarily within the immediate work unit and receives all necessary detailed instructions in the work area.
Process incoming shipments of specimens, unload trucks, sort & open boxes, and inspect packaging.
Operating processing equipment and associate software, centrifuge, distributing samples for testing.
Maintains automation (preventative maintenance, cleaning, etc.) and does basic troubleshooting.
As per state requirement permits, scans tubes and verifies receipts, processes, add-on tests, and processes specimen conditions.
Log-in environmental paper requisitions.
Retrieves specimens for add-on tests.
Disposes of blood samples and ice packs, archives tubes, resolves pending issues, and performs document imaging.
Retrieve supplies and loads instruments.
Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable department and company policies and procedures, local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
Refers to senior staff for assistance with day-to-day problems that may arise.
Assist with various projects as assigned by the direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and sit/stand for extended periods of time in a laboratory environment, work flexible hours.
- Ability to travel to hospitals and/or dialysis clinics as assigned.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and overtime when necessary.
- High School Diploma required.
- Some science and medical college courses preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 0 – 1 years’ related experience.
- Knowledge of medical lab and specimen processing preferred.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Must be highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to follow precise directions in situations requiring speed, accuracy and efficiency.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high pressure, production like environment.
- Working knowledge of basic computer applications (MS Office/Excel and Word) with strong typing skills.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs