Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information
Develops and maintains inventory safety stock levels for all pre-analytical products in ERP system while achieving 99.8% customer order fill in all Supply Chain locations. Ensures data integrity within laboratory for its ERP system/module. Works with Corporate partners to establish, maintain and control business requirements. Develops the Purchasing Department Budget and both laboratory reagent and pre-analytical supply. Accountable to ensure that these expenses meet Budget and takes appropriate corrective action on variances.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for buying the best quality equipment, goods and services at the most competitive prices. Ensures the company has materials, goods and services necessary for effective operations and to satisfy customer needs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the tactical execution of short- and long-term objectives through the coordination of activities with a direct responsibility for results, including costs, methods, and staffing.
- Provides leadership, coaching and development plans for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
- Reviews and approves purchases up to a specified dollar amount.
- Negotiates pricing and stocking levels with vendors up to a predetermined amount.
- Develops and establishes policies and procedures for procurement activities.
- Researches vendor products/services with respect to pricing, quality and quantity.
- Interacts with internal departments and external customers; particularly in problem resolution. Acts as an advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Responsible for hiring, coaching and counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action and terminations.
- Sources goods and services at minimum cost, drives business efficiencies, negotiates contracts and pricing, resolves quality or service issues, and meets company goals for cost savings, purchase price variance, and compliance.
- Identifies and leads cost saving opportunities in the area of plant purchased goods and execute programs to achieve such opportunities. This includes initiating projects with other Fresenius plants where common materials are purchased. Identifies and leads Purchasing Department and planning productivity improvement projects.
- Manages obsolescence issues, ensures alternatives and options are thoroughly investigated and closed in a timely manner to assure continuity of supply.
- Provide technical guidance.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
Develops and maintains inventory safety stock levels for all pre-analytical products in ERP system while achieving 99.8% customer order fill in all Supply Chain locations. Ensures data integrity within laboratory for its ERP system/module. Works with Corporate partners to establish, maintain and control business requirements. Develops the Purchasing Department Budget and both laboratory reagent and pre-analytical supply. Accountable to ensure that these expenses meet Budget and takes appropriate corrective action on variances Develop and direct annual cost savings programs that directly affect company financials and growth plans and generate progressive year over year cost reductions. Perform proposal analysis, including price analyses, “Should Cost” modeling, benchmarking, etc. Develop cost targets for negotiations, negotiation strategy, and develop and negotiate supply agreements. Lead supplier selection process, qualification of alternative sources, supply base rationalization programs and other relevant strategies to optimize the supply base. Active Supplier Relationship Management: Development and measurement of KPI’s, supplier audits, business reviews, improvement plans, new opportunities, awards, terminations, etc. including savings tracking and ongoing communication to management and stakeholders. Act as Liaison for resolving supplier/product related issues for laboratory reagents, consumables and pre-analytical supplies
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to use hands to fingers; reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to sit.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of purchasing staff.
Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 6 – 8 years’ related experience.
- 3+ years’ supervisory or project/program management experience preferred.
- Experience in Health Care Materials Management preferred.
- Knowledge of automated inventory and purchasing systems required.
- Proficient with PCs and Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to perform multiple tasks and projects.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
- Develops and maintains inventory safety stock levels for all Blood Draw products in SAP while achieving 99.8% customer order fill in all Supply Chain locations.
- Ensures data integrity within laboratory for its SAP system/module. Works with Corporate partners to establish, maintain and control business requirements.
- Remains knowledgeable of current trends, developments, and guidelines for laboratory purchasing.
- Develops the Purchasing Department Budget and Blood Draw Supply Accountable to insure that these expenses meet Budget and takes appropriate corrective action on variances.
- Work with Quality, Engineering, Manufacturing, and NA Strategic Procurement. Leads supplier selection, performance management, and issue resolution processes to ensure the supplier base meets company needs for cost, quality, delivery and customer service.
- Manages Purchasing annual operating budget and freight expenditures.
- Supervises the process of Month End Management Reporting for Purchasing and Logistics.
- Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM), Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), Certified Professional in Supply Chain Management (CPSM), Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), or Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma certification preferred.
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs