Available Openings 2
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for assisting Medical Lab Scientist and Technicians in processing and testing clinical and environmental samples.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under general supervision follows company policies and procedures, applying acquired job skills to complete routine tasks.
Complies with all laboratory safety protocols, including, but not limited to, the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), proper laboratory techniques, disposal of biohazard, etc.
Assists Technologists and/or Technicians in preparing and testing samples.
If applicable by local governing state requirements, preliminarily screens received samples’ quality and quantity (QNS samples) under direct supervision.
If applicable by local governing state requirements, prepares reagents under the guidance of a qualified Medical Lab Scientist (MLS).
Prepares testing environment and instrumentation (daily, weekly, monthly, or as needed, maintenance) for operation under direct supervision.
If applicable by local governing state requirements, may perform routine laboratory protocols; pipetting, measuring, and pouring of samples.
Monitors department lab supplies, reagent, chemicals, equipment parts, consumable inventories, and other necessary lab supplies for testing.
Performs laboratory tasks of recording data.
If applicable by local governing state requirements, loads QA material as assigned.
Provides feedback for process improvements.
Resolves pending lists and finds missing samples, etc.
Responsible for maintaining adequate supplies, reagents and inventory in the department as assigned.
Assists in day to day pre and post-analysis work.
Refers day-to-day issues that may arise to the Senior Staff as deemed necessary.
Assists with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor or another management representative.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift up to 20lbs. and be able to sit/stand and perform repetitive actions, such as computer operation and pipetting for extended periods in a laboratory environment.
- Must be able to work with clinical and environmental samples, including, but not limited to blood, urine, etc.
- Must be able to work with chemicals and/or reagents specific to laboratory testing.
- Must be able to work in a medium to high noise level.
- Previous supervisory experience is not required.
- High School Diploma required; Associates Degree in Biological or Laboratory Sciences preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1 – 2 years’ related experience, which can be met with a college degree or later stage college study in related disciplines.
- Knowledge of medical lab testing and operation of instrumentation preferred.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to follow precise directions in situations requiring speed, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of MS Office, and Lab related software.
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs