This is a per diem position.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Schedules and performs repair and maintenance activities on automated instrumentation and clinical testing equipment in the laboratory facility in accordance with company policies and procedures, manufacturer’s documentation, industry standards and local, state and federal regulatory requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under close supervision, acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks.
- Primary responsibility is automation line operator (ALO) with secondary coordinated support of instrumentation and production, highly supervised while coordinating fully with the production team.
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature, requiring limited judgment.
- Monitors and is responsible for the line performance, communicates when the line is performing sub-optimally, makes adjustments within the scope of training, recognizes and notifies management of potential major events that will adversely affect production.
- Responsible for basic scheduled maintenance and repair of both automation and technical instrumentation.
- Assists, when available, in maintaining instrumentation reagent volume by assessing inventory.
- Trained to monitor laboratory equipment and troubleshoot.
- With proper training, knows and understands safety rules and regulations, and may be called to participate in safety related training.
- With adequate safety training, enforces safety rules and regulations on automation and testing equipment.
- Be an active Safety Committee member.
- Normally receives detailed instructions on all work.
- May refer to Sr. AOL for assistance with day-to-day problems that may arise.
- Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution as deemed necessary.
- Assists with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- No supervisory responsibilities
- High School Diploma required. Technical education preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 0 – 1 year’s related experience.
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of staff.
- Ability to complete regularly assigned tasks consistently.
- Ability to balance department requirements with production needs.
- Experience in robotics and instrumentation a plus.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs