Registered Dietitians at Fresenius Medical Care build trusting relationships with patients and their families. That trust paves the way for dietary education and planning that directly affects patients’ quality of life. Responsibilities include completing patient assessments, creating patient-specific nutritional plans, and providing ongoing nutritional support. All this is done in a multi-disciplinary environment where information from both patients and co-workers contribute to success. Qualified candidates are excellent listeners with a current RD license and prior clinical dietitian experience.
Job DescriptionJob ID R0107791 Available Openings 1
About this role: As a Dietitian with Fresenius Medical Care, you will be a valuable member of the interdisciplinary team and a part of a close-knit, collaborative team responsible for delivering unique nutritional care to patients facing end stage renal disease. Our RDs build strong bonds and lasting relationships with patients, their families, and all team members.
How you grow or advance: We offer a Core Curriculum program, which includes CEUs, specifically for dietitians on all the topics of renal nutrition therapy. Our orientation and training program is designed to develop experts in the field of renal nutrition, allowing you to work at the top of your license.
Our culture: We believe our employees are our most important asset — we value, care about, and support our people. We are there when you may need us most, from tuition reimbursement to support your education goals, granting scholarships to family members, delivering relief when natural disasters strike, or providing financial support when personal hardship hits, we take care of our people.
Our focus on diversity: We have built a nurturing environment that welcomes every age, race, gender, sexual orientation, background, and cultural tradition. We have a diverse range of employee resource groups (ERGs) to encourage employees with similar interests, goals, social and cultural backgrounds, or experiences to come together for professional and personal development, discussion, activities, and peer support. Our diverse workforce and culture encourage opportunity, equity, and inclusion for all, which is a tremendous asset that sets us apart.
At Fresenius Medical Care, you will truly make a difference in the lives of people living with kidney disease. If this sounds like the career and company you have been looking for, and you want to be a vital part of the future of healthcare, apply today.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assesses patient’s knowledge and provides education regarding the relationship of diet and kidney disease and the impact on the treatment process.
- Provides education to patient/family/caregiver regarding nutritional status, adequacy measures and results, fluid status, and all nutrition related lab parameters pertaining to their disease process.
- Completes nutritional assessment and works with the interdisciplinary team to develop an individualized comprehensive plan of care for patients.
- Maintains complete and accurate medical records including progress notes.
- Provides ongoing assessment and counseling necessary to assist patient in achieving and sustaining an effective nutritional status.
- Identifies malnourished or at-risk patients and works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team to identify appropriate interventions, resources, or solutions.
- Monitors, adjusts, and documents response to nutrition therapy and addresses any issues impacting the patient’s ability to achieve the goals.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team on Urea Kinetic Modeling recommendations to achieve the physician’s prescription of Kt/V.
- Reports on nutrition QAI results and participates in the interdisciplinary QAI program.
- Reviews nutrition related lab results:
- Counsels patient and/or caregiver and formulates appropriate action.
- Recommends treatment changes to the interdisciplinary team as appropriate.
- Identifies candidates to refer to physician for nutritional supplements.
- Communicates with physician and/or facility staff as appropriate.
- Maintains dietetic registration and continuing education hours as specified by American Dietetic Association and state licensure regulations where applicable.
- Registered Dietitian as per Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Board Certified Specialist in Renal Nutrition encouraged.
- Current state licensure if applicable.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 1+ year experience in clinical nutrition as a Registered Dietitian.
- Previous renal experience preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The position requires travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Travel to regional, Business Unit and Corporate meetings may be required.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
We are partnering with them for their care, and we have to work with them to make sure thatLori K., Registered Dietitian
they get the best care possible.
We've got your back.
We fully believe that dedication and passion should be recognized and rewarded. That’s why we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to all of our employees. Our benefits provide the flexibility, choice and support you need to be at your best as you play a vital part in helping patients live longer, better and healthier lives.
- Healthcare FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
Tuition Assistance and CEU reimbursements ($500/year for full‑time; $350/year for part‑time)
Paid Time Off
Paid Time Off
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time.
- Employee Pride
- Valued Team Members
- Motivation for Excellence
- Respect & Dignity
- Openness & Trust
- Adoption Assistance
- Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts
- Discount Fitness Program
401(k) Retirement Saving
401(k) Retirement Saving
Competitive vesting schedules and a company match of 50 cents for each dollar you save up to the first 6% of your salary (3% additional) after one year of employment.
We are so glad you are interested in a career with FMCNA! What happens next?
Application & Assessment
First you will need to complete your online application. Some roles may also require an online assessment to be completed.
Then a recruiter will review the applications submitted and select those most aligned with the role to move forward. If selected, The recruiter will contact you to schedule the next step.
Next, you will participate in phone/video interview(s) with our recruiter & leadership team.
The recruiter will provide feedback to you on your interview(s) and update you on any hiring decisions.
Next, the recruiter will extend a formal offer if you are selected for the position.
Lastly, you will accept your offer and complete pre-employment checks and paperwork.
Learn more about working at Fresenius Medical Care at an upcoming hiring event near you.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
By signing up for Job Alerts, you'll receive the latest job openings based in your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Join Our Talent Network
Joining our Talent Community allows us to send you company news, career event announcements and other career-related information.