Inpatient RNs at Fresenius Medical Care perform dialysis treatments on an acute patient population in a hospital setting, including ICU, ER and Med/Surg units. What makes this role truly unique is the level of autonomy you’ll enjoy. Inpatient nurses are specifically accountable for administering and assessing each patient’s treatment plan. And because dialysis is a critical treatment for many hospital procedures and health conditions, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of patients. Ideal candidates possess leadership skills and independence needed to make quick decisions in a fast-paced environment. Six months to one year of dialysis experience and some form of critical care nursing experience are also required.
Job DescriptionJob ID R0029633 Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Manages and oversees the daily administrative processes of the Inpatient Services Program for large scale IPS programs. The IPS Program Administrator ensures cost-effective operations in accordance with all legal, compliance and regulatory requirements while adhering to all contract obligations. Collaborates with the programs Medical Director, Director of Operations and Program Managers I, II, and III regarding the provision of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI). The IPS Program Administrator has the authority to make daily decisions to ensure the appropriate level of services were provided to the contracted facility. Provides oversight of all administrative procedures to ensure and maintain department effectiveness, efficiency and safety.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the administration of the daily business operations of the Inpatient Services Program including managing the functions and actions related to staffing, billing, TAP, customer relations and quality of overall care provided to patients ensuring quality care through administrative functions.
- Manages administrative assignments of complex and confidential nature to relieve senior leadership of clerical work, administrative, and business details, as necessary.
- Manages the day to day activities and workload of the Inpatient Services Program staff providing guidance and leadership as appropriate to ensure the effective, efficient and timely execution of duties and tasks.
- Serves as liaison between the administrative staff of each hospital/facility and the Director of Operations.
- Manages skill mix utilization by overseeing the management of staff and hospital scheduling while adhering to the facility agreement.
- Coordinating all aspects of Acute patient care from physician notification through discharge of the patient from the hospital.
- Developing and communicating efficient and timely staff schedules to ensure maximization of program efficiency and hospital coverage.
- Oversight of the coordination and scheduling of direct patient care staff to provide coverage of acute dialysis treatments in contracted hospitals/facilities and ensures efficient patient scheduling and staff utilization in accordance with the TAP scheduling tool.
- Maintains and reviews the daily TAP tool for all hospitals/facilities and submits the results to the DO.
- Maintains integrity of premium billing, medical records and other FMS administrative and operational records.
- Complies and assists with all data collection and auditing activities. Such as Kronos, Premium billing, and treatment audits.
- Collaborates with staff and Director of Operations and Medical Director to set annual goals for staff.
- Provide leadership, coaching and development plans for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters; responsible for recruitment and on-boarding efforts.
- Ensures appropriate documentation is completed for current licensure, annual compliances, and provides in-services on policy and procedure updates.
- Maintains official department credentialing system, records management, billing and payroll. Collects, compiles and analyzes information as required.
- Experienced leadership required for multi-faceted environment; role primarily focuses on tactical execution. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory, FMS and FMS policy requirements.
- Assist with various IPS projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
The position requires travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Travel to regional, Business Unit and Corporate meetings may be required-up to 20%.
Supervise clinical and non-clinical staff as assigned by DO at assigned facilities.
Bachelor's degree required.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 3-5 years of business operations experience required; with at least year in a lead or senior position, in a medical facility preferred.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) - experience with medical database software preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership competencies and management skills for the position including: excellent communication, customer service, continuous quality improvement, relationship development, results orientation, team building, motivating employees, performance management and decision making.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have a lot of independence...so the doctors trust you. You have to be able to make decisions on your own.Lesly, Inpatient Services RN
We've got your back.
We fully believe that dedication and passion should be recognized and rewarded. That’s why we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to all of our employees. Our benefits provide the flexibility, choice and support you need to be at your best as you play a vital part in helping patients live longer, better and healthier lives.
- Healthcare FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
Tuition Assistance and CEU reimbursements ($500/year for full‑time; $350/year for part‑time)
Paid Time Off
Paid Time Off
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time. PTO can also be reimbursed for cash for up to 80 hours per year.
The elevated responsibility of Inpatient RNs helps foster confidence and leadership skills, and allows for a more holistic role in the treatment process.
- Adoption Assistance
- Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts
- Discount Fitness Program
401(K) Retirement Saving
401(K) Retirement Saving
Competitive vesting schedules and a company match of 50 cents for each dollar you save up to the first 6% of your salary (3% additional) after one year of employment.
We are so glad you are interested in a career with FMCNA! What happens next?
Application & Assessment
First you will need to complete your online application. Some roles may also require an online assessment to be completed.
Then a recruiter will review the applications submitted and select those most aligned with the role to move forward. If selected, The recruiter will contact you to schedule the next step.
Next, you will participate in phone/video interview(s) with our recruiter & leadership team.
The recruiter will provide feedback to you on your interview(s) and update you on any hiring decisions.
Next, the recruiter will extend a formal offer if you are selected for the position.
Lastly, you will accept your offer and complete pre-employment checks and paperwork.
Learn more about working at Fresenius Medical Care at an upcoming hiring event near you.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
By signing up for Job Alerts, you'll receive the latest job openings based in your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Join Our Talent Network
Joining our Talent Community allows us to send you company news, career event announcements and other career-related information.