Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Supervisor, Coding oversees coding operations to maximize efficacy and efficiency within the assigned function(s). The incumbent is responsible for directing the daily activities by assigning tasks, monitoring performance and maintaining schedules. The Supervisor, Coding follows company policies and procedures in the tactical execution of the team’s performance to ensure alignment with business goals and objectives.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the daily operations of the team, including but not limited to: establishing mutual goals, assigning tasks and maintaining schedules.
- Provide data analysis and interpretation of diverse reports on a routine basis.
- Audit systems for data integrity; ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures, Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), and other regulatory requirements.
- Support management in the development and implementation of policies and procedures within the assigned function(s).
- May drive electronic data interchange (EDI) initiatives.
- May audit processes and procedures within assigned function(s) for inefficiencies, with a focus on continuous improvement by providing recommendations for change to management as necessary.
- May support internal and external audits as requested.
- May support process reviews, business process analyses and internal control monitoring to ensure compliance with the specifications of SOX within assigned function(s).
- Provide direct supervision of the assigned team(s) through ongoing leadership and guidance; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Identifies and communicates documentation improvement opportunities and coding issues (lacking documentation, physician queries, etc.) to appropriate personnel for follow-up and resolution.
- Stays current with AMA Official Coding and Reporting Guidelines, CMS and other agency directives for ICD-10 coding. Attends mandatory coding seminars on annual basis (IPPS and OPPS, ICD-10 and CPT updates) for outpatient coding. Quarterly review of AHA Coding Clinic. Attends or facilitates Quarterly Coding Updates and all coding conference calls.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with cross-divisional teams, customers and vendors through effective and timely communication, action and resolution of diverse issues.
- Review and resolve complex issues escalated by direct reports; serving as a point of contact for cross-divisional teams, customers and vendors as necessary.
- Ensure maintenance of confidentiality for all patient, employee and company information in compliance with company policies and procedures, HIPAA, and other regulatory requirements within the assigned function(s).
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
Responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of coding staff.
AHIMA or AAPC Credentials
Associates degree in relevant field preferred or combination of equivalent of education and experience
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 3-5 years’ experience as a team lead or 1 – 3 years’ experience as a Supervisor.
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, database and email applications.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to multitask concurrent priorities in an organized manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, ICD-10 and CPT-4 codes
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to work independently
- Computer knowledge of MS Office
- Must display excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of disease pathophysiology and drug utilization
- Knowledge of MSDRG classification and reimbursement structures
- Knowledge of APC, OCE, NCCI classification and reimbursement structures
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs