Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Supervisor II, Accounting is responsible for supervising the ongoing activities in the development, implementation and maintenance of one or more accounting systems. The Supervisor II, Accounting ensures that financial systems are in compliance with company policies and procedures and regulatory guidelines and requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the daily operations of the team, including but not limited to: establishing mutual goals, assigning tasks and maintaining schedules.
- Coordinate completion of activities related to month-, quarter-, and year-end consolidations, closings and/or financial statements.
- Supervise routine internal and external audits as requested.
- May support activities related to budgeting and forecasting.
- Support the development and implementation of new accounting and/or finance policies and procedures through continuous improvement efforts; ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), and other regulatory requirements.
- Provide direct supervision of the assigned team(s) through ongoing leadership and guidance; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
- May serve as a liaison to cross-divisional teams.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct manager.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel may be required.
May be responsible for the supervision of various levels of accounting staff.
Bachelor’s Degree required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- 5 – 8 years’ related experience with 2 – 3 years’ experience as a Sr. Accountant/Lead Accountant; or 1 – 3 years’ experience as a Supervisor.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license preferred.
- Prior experience in a multi-location accounting environment preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (e.g., Excel and Word) and email systems.
- Demonstrated proficiency with enterprise resource planning (ERP), corporate performance management (CPM), and analytical reporting systems (e.g., SAP, Oracle Hyperion Enterprise, BEx, etc.).
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP, SOX and other regulatory requirements.
- Detail oriented with good analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs