Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Support FMC Renal Therapies Group (RTG) mission, vision, core values, and customer service philosophy. Adhere to the FMC Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements. Support FMC RTG Medical Affairs strategies as it relates to investigational and commercial US products and disease states within the FMC RTG nephrology portfolio.
The MSL is responsible for providing fair balanced, objective, scientific information and education to health care professionals (HCPs), key opinion leaders (KOLs), managed care key decision makers (KDMs), and to internal business partners as required. The MSL is responsible for identifying, building, and managing relationships with KOLs, HCPs, managed care KDMs, and other external stakeholders.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate fundamental therapeutic area and product knowledge to effectively contribute and support RTG Medical Affairs strategies and objectives.
- Engage in scientific exchange about FMC RTG products and ensure appropriate dissemination of clinical and scientific information.
- Cultivate, maintain, and leverage relationships with local, regional, and national KOLs, HCPs, and managed care KDMs using scientific plans.
- Identify and manage relationships with KOLs as advisors, investigators, and/or speakers for FMC RTG activities in accordance with company policies.
- Deliver high-impact clinical presentations to diverse audiences, including physicians, nurses, dietitians, and managed care KDMs.
- Communicate the clinical and economic value information for FMC RTG’s products to managed care KDMs.
- Leverage insights to support Medical Affairs activities, including advisory board meetings, medical congresses, and other activities as assigned.
- Provide scientific support, internally and externally.
- Understand and support Clinical Research, as appropriate.
- Collaborate effectively with various cross-functional internal departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Individual must be able to handle frequent interruptions, changing priorities, and/or long hours in order complete projects.
- Individual must be able to handle multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Individual must be able to work after hours, which may be required in order to complete work tasks and meet project deadlines.
- Individual must be able to handle frequent overnight travel; domestic travel required at least approximately 60% of the time.
Doctorate in science (Ph.D.), Medicine (MD), or pharmacy (Pharm.D.) required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 2+ years related experience; residency/fellowship or MSL industry experience preferred.
- Must be self-motivated in working independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; public speaking experience preferred.
- Effective and strong interpersonal skills combined with the ability to continually demonstrate poise, tact, diplomacy, and the ability to change the thinking of or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship.
- Must be able to multi-task, organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly changing environment and/or tight deadlines.
- Adept at developing relationships and building networks with KOLs, HCPs, and managed care KDMs.
- Works effectively in a team by maintaining a proactive and collaborative approach in managing situations involving both internal and external customers.
- Exercises strong personal integrity to make sound and independent judgments; possess the ability to anticipate problems and come up with appropriate solutions in an organizational and analytical manner.
- Working knowledge of Medical Affairs and knowledge of industry practice and regulations.
- Demonstrates proficiency in MS Office technologies.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs