The ideal driver has the patient’s needs at the forefront, and will be responsible for ensuring on time deliveries to patients and clinics that depend on their delivery to continue life sustaining treatments. The driver forms a part of a larger team of 500 drivers who go out daily to ensure that our patients have what they need, when they need it. Our drivers are the last step in the process for delivering dialysis products to patients and therefore are the true face of the company.
- Full Time
- Job Level:Mid-Level
- Travel:Frequent travel between deliveries
- Glassdoor: 66%
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Job DescriptionOregon, Ohio
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information
12 PM- 10PM M-F Yard Driver role
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for driving a commercial vehicle to deliver products to customers. Ensures accuracy of all paperwork related to the job. Responsible for safety of fellow employees and the public while operating company vehicles and/or performing any company activity. Responsibilities include driving a commercial vehicle, rotating stock, and inventory checks.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivers and picks up products from customers according to established safety procedures and company guidelines. Functions as an OTR driver which covers larger distances and may require overnight trips.
- Ensures a high-level of customer relations by consistently delivering orders on time and behaving with integrity in a courteous and professional manner.
- May take note of and possibly resolve customer complaints. Reports more complex issues and complaints to Distribution Center staff or Customer Service for resolution. Observes and reports any pertinent issues at customer sites, as needed.
- Performs all duties and functions with the goal to achieve OSHA related targets for recordable incidents and lost time incidents.
- Obtains customer signature for pickup and delivery of product.
- Adheres to all federal and state specific DOT regulations including, but not limited to GVW (Gross Vehicle Weight) and hours of service.
- Identifies and recommends options for route improvements to management, as appropriate.
- Vehicle related responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing pre and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle. Identifies problems and address appropriately.
- Identify problems and address appropriately.
- Performing routine maintenance on vehicle.
- Unloading and loading freight, as required, according to specified procedures and regulations.
- Maintaining cleanliness of vehicle.
- Participates in monthly/quarterly/annual training for Good Manufacturing Practices, Health & Safety, and Compliance (both corporate and DPD-specific).
- Remains updated with all annually revised regulatory standards.
- Maintains a satisfactory driving record.
- Operates material-handling equipment safely and efficiently according to established procedures as required.
- May be required to be OTR for more than 2 days at a time.
- On occasion may be required to make clinic/patient deliveries to cover for various business needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Heavy work with frequent lifting and carrying of objects 25 -75 pounds on a repetitive basis required. Some deliveries may require carrying product up multiple flights of stairs.
- Requires extended periods of sitting, standing, and walking. Operation of a commercial vehicle may average 6 to 11 hours per day.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent work experience required.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 2 – 4 years of related experience.
- 2 years free of OSHA recordables, DOT accidents, quality issues, roadside inspection violations, DOT major logbook violations, and significant property damage.
- Must have and maintain a satisfactory driving record.
- Must possess a Class A commercial license with a HazMat endorsement.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment.
- Experience with Routing software and on-board fleet management systems preferred.
- Experience with on-board computers, paperless DOT logs and/or electronic capture applications preferred.
- Strong communication skills and a professional demeanor at all times.
- Strong customer service skills.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Independent 10
- Detail-oriented 8
- Understanding 8
- Compassionate 7
- Team Player 6
- Adaptable 5
I've actually had patients tell me, ‘You know hey look, you guys are live savers. You all are actually helping to save my life.’ So I feel good about what I do.Victor W., Driver, TruBlu Logistics
Take a Closer Look
Delivering Hope: A Day In The Life of a Driver
View our Distribution Centers and Cross Dock Locations
- Healthcare FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Short/Long-term Disability
Set work schedules allow drivers to have more time at home.
PAID TIME OFF
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time. PTO can also be reimbursed for cash for up to 80 hours per year.
- Employee Pride
- Valued Team Members
- Motivation for Excellence
- Respect & Dignity
- Openness & Trust
- Adoption Assistance
- Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts
- Discount Fitness Program
COMPENSATION & SAVINGS
- Competitive pay (hourly, not mileage-based)
- 401(k) with company match