The ideal driver has the patient’s needs at the forefront, and will be responsible for ensuring on time deliveries to patients and clinics that depend on their delivery to continue life sustaining treatments. The driver forms a part of a larger team of 500 drivers who go out daily to ensure that our patients have what they need, when they need it. Our drivers are the last step in the process for delivering dialysis products to patients and therefore are the true face of the company.
- Full Time
- Frequent travel
- Glassdoor: 66%
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Independent 10
- Detail-oriented 8
- Understanding 8
- Compassionate 7
- Team Player 6
- Adaptable 5
- Good Listener
Victor W., Driver, TruBlu LogisticsI've actually had patients tell me, ‘You know hey look, you guys are live savers. You all are actually helping to save my life.’ So I feel good about what I do.
Delivering Hope: A Day In The Life of a Driver
View our Distribution Centers and
Cross Dock Locations
Compensation & Savings
Competitive pay (hourly, not mileage-based)
401(k) with company match
$6k sign-on bonus
Paid Time Off
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time. PTO can also be reimbursed for cash for up to 80 hours per year.
Set work schedules allow drivers to have more time at home.
Adoption Assistance Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts Discount Fitness Program
Medical • Dental • Vision Healthcare FSA Dependent Care FSA Short- and Long-term Disability
Employee Pride Valued Team Members Motivation for Excellence Respect & Dignity Openness & Trust
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for driving commercial vehicle to deliver products to customers. Ensures accuracy of all paperwork related to the job. Responsible for safety of fellow employees and the public while operating company vehicles and/or performing any company activity. Responsibilities include driving a commercial vehicle, rotating stock, and inventory checks.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivers and picks up products from home patients and clinics according to established safety procedures and guidelines.
- Ensures good customer relations by consistently delivering orders on time and behaving with integrity in a courteous and professional manner
- May take note of and possibly resolve customer complaints. Reports more complex issues and complaints to DC staff or Customer Service for resolution Observe and reports any pertinent anomalies at customer sites
- May set up product and/or place product on shelves or racks at customer sites
- Performs all duties and functions with the goal to achieve OSHA-related targets for recordable incidents and lost time incidents
- Performs rotation and inventory checks of existing product ensuring that an adequate inventory is available for customers
- Obtains customer signature for pickup and delivery of dialysis product
- Adheres to all federal and state specific DOT regulations including, but not limited to GVW (Gross Vehicle weight) and hours of service
- Identify and recommend options for route improvements to management as appropriate
Vehicle related responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing pre and post trip Inspections of assigned vehicle
- Identify problems and address appropriately
- May perform routine maintenance on vehicle
- Unloading and loading freight as required according to specified procedures and regulations
- Maintaining cleanliness of vehicle
- Participates in monthly/quarterly/annual training for Good Manufacturing Practices, Health & Safety, and Compliance.
- Remains updated with all annually revised regulatory standards.
- Maintains a satisfactory driving record
- Operates material-handling equipment safely and efficiently according to established procedures as required
- Performs functions that require full knowledge of general aspects of the job.
- Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION: EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS: EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.