Available Openings 1
Global Research & Development
Our Global Commitment to Deliver
Around 3 million individuals worldwide suffer from renal failure. With innovative products and therapies we define highest standards for the dialysis treatment of patients with chronic kidney failure and extracorporeal therapies for organ support.
Our Global Research & Development (GRD) activities enable us to develop products efficiently and to systematically promote the exchange of knowledge and technology between regions. Our intention to develop innovative products that are not only of the highest quality, but are also affordable so that caregivers and patients can benefit from them.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Leads one or more programs/projects and facilitates activities of all cross-functional teams to ensure that predetermined specifications and timelines are met. Leads the application and continuous improvement of project management for all projects. Provides appropriate project management processes, methods, techniques, and tools and is able to elaborate and implement these according to the project’s requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Has wide-ranging experience and uses professional concepts in developing resolution to critical issues and broad design matters.
- Conducts detailed project planning and directs ongoing process to review and assess impact of changes to project. Determines potential options and ensures appropriate escalation, selection, and approval of decisions.
- Leads process to recommend options to adjust project priorities and plans to optimize resources and manage project risk.
- Leads one or more programs/projects and facilitates activities of all cross-functional teams to ensure that predetermined specifications and timelines are met.
- Establishes an efficient project reporting and program tracking system.
- Assists in the application and continuous improvement of project management for all projects. Provides appropriate project management processes, methods, techniques, and tools and is able to elaborate and implement these according to the project’s requirements.
- Leads project resource scheduling and oversees overall resource scheduling activities.
- Assigns cross-functional resources in collaboration with functional managers and holds them accountable for task and outcome completion.
- Leads cross-functional project team meetings and discussions ensuring appropriate participation, team focus on objectives, and documentation and communication of agreements and conclusions.
- Manages risk assessment and mitigation process for assigned projects.
- Directs issue tracking and resolution for assigned projects.
- Establishes communication plans for projects and ensures adherence to those plans while maintaining appropriate communication with all project constituents and stakeholders.
- Responsible for driving management activity and reporting on assigned projects, including gate reviews, steering committees, review boards, escalations, and decisions.
- Ensures adherence to established project management methodologies and best practices.
- Provides assistance to other staff with complex tasks that require considerable judgment and initiative.
- May escalate difficult/complex issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Mentor other staff as applicable.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Complies with regulatory and FDA requirements, including GxPs and relevant standards. Assists in the creation and modification of policies and procedures.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 20% to 50% travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced Degree preferred
- PMI/PMP Certification strongly desired
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 8 – 12 years of experience as a Project Manager with a proven track record of successful delivery of medium to large scale projects; With a Master’s Degree 6 years of relevant experience required.
- Significant cross-functional coordination; excellent written and communications skills; ability to drive collaborative discussions and decisions with all key stakeholders.
- Strong management skills with the ability to lead cohesive and productive teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management through diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experienced in managing culturally diverse workforce and business environment.
- Proficient in establishing excellent working relationships up, down, and sideways, and engaging with all levels of management.
- Must be proficient in the use of project management tools to develop schedules, allocate resources, and track progress.
- Excellent leadership skills and experience leading high-performance technical teams.
- Outstanding track record driving projects to completion on time, within budget and in high quality.
- Financial analysis experience required.
- Lean Six Sigma experience and certification preferred.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs