Available Openings 1
- PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The advanced level Scientist participates and champions research and development activities that support the company’s goals. The Scientist has a passion for hands-on laboratory research activities as well as technology innovation. As a key member of a highly educated and exclusive team, the Scientist will thrive in an environment in which they must switch gears between priorities which range from laboratory activities to algorithm develop required technology on company’s projects. Scientist will perform projects with minimum mentoring from high level SME and manager. The Scientist is responsible for initiating design concepts, formulating pre-development activities, and working on feasibility studies. The Scientist might be the core technical lead as well as part of cross-functional teams (CFT), working closely with teams to execute projects and solve problems. The Scientist maybe requested by the supervisor to mentor Associate Scientists as well as Lab Technicians.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as project leader for multiple short-term and long-term projects with high scientific level.
- Assists in developing scientific technology platforms for company products.
- Assists Patent Lawyers with development of patent documentation.
- Builds productive working relationships.
- Improves knowledge of scientific technology in fields related to company products through continuous assessment of current publications.
- Contributes to the generation of ideas and potential inventions to be used in new products.
- Develops qualification test plans.
- Discloses findings to cross-functional team and management through captivating and compelling presentations.
- Escalates issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Execute studies to evaluate medical products for chemical and biochemical performance
- Explore innovative experimental solutions to enhance product/process performance, safety, and reliability
- Fosters a culture of collaboration, knowledge transfer, and continuous learning at all times.
- Hands-on involvement with experiments in laboratory, and fabrication processing.
- Maintains general housekeeping of working area and plant.
- Maintains good documentation practices for all data forms, protocols, reports, and laboratory notebooks.
- May provide assistance to junior level staff with general tasks that require a better understanding of functions, as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Must be familiar with FDA/ISO Design Control regulations and their application.
- Participates in the design, development, and optimization of algorithms and technology
- Participates in critical interpretation of experimental data.
- Participates in cross-functional teams on new product development and manufacturing problem-solving efforts.
- Plans, coordinates, directs tracks and executes well-defined, short-term and long-term R&D project(s).
- Promotes scientific and analytical rigor in developing and validating excellent analytical methods.
- Propagates culture of rigorous mathematics, fundamental science, and sound engineering in all work.
- Sets up, adjusts, and operates analytical instruments and equipment.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Understands the theory behind instrumentation and function of company products, and develops new techniques and test methods.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Writes engineering reports, feasibility reports, and SOP’s.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s Degree in related scientific or engineering discipline required, advanced degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 2 – 5 years’ related experience.
- Master’s Degree with industry experience.
- PhD Degree with Postdoctoral related work experience.
- Ability to quickly learn, apply new scientific and engineering principles, and develop other skills.
- Strong mathematics, critical thinking, and data analysis capabilities.
- Strong laboratory skills with good management of laboratory documents.
- Excellent communication skills, able to speak clearly, write legibly, and accurately convey their work.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office and scientific data process software.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Experience with UV-Vis, ICP-MS, Flame photometer, and other instrumentation applicable to inorganic systems
- Knowledge of wet chemistry and inorganic chemistry laboratory techniques and best practices
- Conduct and assess materials and products using inorganic chemistry and material science technique
- Conduct studies to evaluate new and existing analytical methods and instrumentation
- Develop and document world-class analytical methods to exceed FDA and other regulatory expectations.
- Assess components based on analytical chemistry.
- Champion scientific and analytical rigor in method development and validation throughout all work.
- Disclose findings to cross functional team and management through captivating and compelling presentations.
- Execute studies to evaluate medical products for chemical performance.
- Propagate culture of rigorous mathematics, fundamental science, and sound engineering in all work.
- Foster culture of collaboration, knowledge transfer, and continuous learning at all times.
While performing the duties of the Scientist, the employee is required to work in an office and laboratory environment. Capable of lifting 35 lb with assistance, as required. Extended periods of standing and sitting may be required. Capable of working in moderate to excessive noise levels. Exposed to corrosive, caustic, and/or reactive chemicals, compressed gases, dust, and flammable solvents.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs