Available Openings 3
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for performing a broad range of tasks on the production floor. Ensures all assigned tasks are completed in order to meet requirements including machine operation, packaging, material handling, and shipping packages, as needed.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under limited supervision, applies considerable production operations knowledge to perform a broad range of tasks on the production floor.
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues and/or in making recommendations.
- Performs functions that require full knowledge of general aspects of the job.
- Performs packaging and batch making functions for the line.
- Performs production preparation as directed following current production and QC procedures, guidelines, and SOPs.
- Assists in monitoring all operations.
- Assists in monitoring raw material and packaging component availability.
- Interfaces with PLC and PC applications in order to operate the line.
- Performs reconciliations regularly.
- Performs breakdown and assembly of production machines.
- Troubleshoots equipment issues and performs minor maintenance of equipment.
- Adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices and follows all Manufacturing SOPs that apply to this position.
- Performs all paperwork functions related to the batching and packaging operations. Maintains logs, batch records, and all applicable documentation in accordance with internal standard operating procedures.
- Participates in all activities required to maintain a clean and safe plant.
- Performs all production duties on an as needed basis to meet production requirements and comply with GMPs.
- Loads and unloads raw material and finished product utilizing forklift and other material handling devices, as needed, in a safe and efficient manner.
- May perform Material Handler duties and responsibilities, as needed.
- Contacts are frequently with individuals representing other departments, and/or representing outside organizations. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data on matters of moderate importance to the function of the department or which may be of a sensitive nature.
- Normally receives no instruction on routine daily work, and general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
- May provide assistance to Production Operator I and/or Production Operator II with more complex support tasks that require a higher level of understanding of functions, as directed by immediate supervisor.
- May escalate issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Remains current in knowledge and understanding of process changes and updates for work areas.
- Assists with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift materials of up to 75 lbs.
- High School Diploma required; Associate’s Degree desirable.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 2 – 4 years of related production experience.
- Experience with food, chemical, or drug manufacturing equipment preferred.
- Understands Current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Experience in operation of a forklift and other material handling equipment.
- Computer skills and data entry experience.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs