PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The entry level Engineer will participate in designing, executing, and championing research and development activities of Fresenius' products. As a member of a tech team, the Engineer I environment is mentored - with oversight from higher level Engineers to complete pre-defined work. The Engineer I may be involved in quality planning, internal audits, data collection and analysis, specification development and review and design review and qualification. The Engineer I will work with cross-functional teams to develop, commercialize, and maintain high quality.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Applies Design Control procedures to product development.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor or as delegated to a cross-functional team leader.
- Uses professional concepts in developing resolution to work assignments.
- Contributes to the generation of ideas and potential inventions to be used in new products.
- Receive training in methods and procedures during assignments and to prepare for future coordination activities of other personnel (Team Lead in the future).
- Develops and gives presentations dealing with projects, proposals, designs and project status updates.
- Hands-on involvement with fabrication, processing, and develops detailed engineering specifications.
- Develops new techniques, test protocols, writes SOP / TM and perform validations on TMs.
- Under supervision, sets up, adjusts and operates production equipment and analysis instruments when assigned.
- Understand the goals and contents of research projects, executes projects with timely deliverables.
- Maintain general housekeeping of the responsible working area.
- Trained in and maintains good documentation practices for all data forms, protocols, engineering and feasibility reports, and laboratory notebooks.
- Will escalate difficult/complex issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as required.
- Will refer to senior staff, as applicable, for assistance.
- Introduced and encouraged to network with key contacts outside of area of expertise.
- Follow specific, detailed instructions on all work along with priorities from the direct supervisor or cross-functional team leader.
- Participates in cross-functional teams on new product development and manufacturing problem-solving efforts.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Foster on-going learning through available means (e.g. trade publications, literature, papers, courses, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in related Engineering or scientific discipline required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 0 - 2 years' related experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs