Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Repair and maintain all utilities, production equipment and support systems in assigned area in order to provide critical mechanical and electrical maintenance.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under general supervision, follows established company policies and procedures and applies acquired job skills to the repair and maintain machinery, robotics, utility support systems and equipment as required by preventive maintenance procedures and/or as required during downtime.
- Observe mechanical devices in operation and understand their function and identify possible causes of trouble. Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts
- Observe, evaluate and suggest operational/design changes or maintenance needs based on performance, sounds, and Quality Assurance limits to maintain or increase efficiency.
- Perform weekly preventative maintenance on state-of-art equipment.
- Repair or replace defective parts. Installs special function and structural parts in devices. Lubricate and cleans parts.
- Observe mechanical devices in operation and understand their function and identify possible causes of trouble
- Repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment.
- Performs functions that require full knowledge of general aspects of the job.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature, but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
- Contacts are typically with individuals within own department and occasionally with contacts outside own organization. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation.
- May refer to senior level technicians for assistance with higher level problems that may arise.
- Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Be available to work any shift as production downtime and work assignments dictate.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch, and wear personal protective equipment that may include Safety glasses, Hearing protection, Hair net, and smock. The employee must frequently lift and/or move 10 to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally will be required to move over 100 or more with assistance.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- High School Diploma required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1 – 2 years’ related experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, and PLC control systems. General fabrication skills are required. The individual must be self-motivated, possess leadership skills and thoroughly complete assigned tasks. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Forklift Certification
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs