Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information
- PLC programming experience (Allen Bradley and Siemens preferred).
- SCADA and HMI development experience (Siemens TIA Portal, Allen Bradley, Ignition, WinCC OA).
- Experience building or modifying/expanding existing control systems.
- Good troubleshooting skills, solid technical writing and ability to work in team environment.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports engineering and operations in the design, installation, and troubleshooting of various control systems. Performs current state analysis, documents gaps against desired future states, defines new or improved processes, and works with management to determine feasibility of solution opportunities. Documents and communicates project plans and process workflows as required.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under close supervision, utilizes established procedures to improve the existing build/deploy model through automation.
- Assists with documenting findings and complete formal project reviews and manage the implementation of solutions.
- Supports engineering and operations in the design, installation, troubleshooting and service of various systems: to include the replacement of failed components and the development of others’ abilities to service the various controls systems.
- Recommends enhancements to current business practices to effectively integrate automation/process re-designs, while ensuring compliance with generally accepted FDA and cGMP standards.
- Assists with feasibility, cost/benefit analysis, and ROI analysis on proposed solutions. Analyzes systems, procedures, policies, and workflows for process, productivity, and cost improvement opportunities and propose detailed plans for solutions.
- Manages multiple projects in a manufacturing environment with scope varying from the maintenance of existing machines to the specification, purchase, and validation of new equipment.
- Interfaces with planning and maintenance departments to optimize and ensure efficient production.
- Maintains general housekeeping of working area and support areas that provide plant utilities.
- May refer to senior staff, if applicable, for assistance with day-to-day problems that may arise.
- Escalates issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently is required to sit and wear personal protective equipment which may include hearing, safety shoes, safety glasses, hard hat, etc.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, and crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and corrected 20/20 vision.
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Bachelor’s Degree required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 0 – 2 years’ related experience.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt Certification desirable.
- Strong problem solving skills with strong customer focus.
- Able to work independently as well as with a team to complete projects. Multi-disciplined engineering experience in manufacturing, mechanical, electrical, computer, etc.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Database software, Design software, Internet software, Inventory software and Manufacturing software.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs