Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information
This is a per diem role that will be utilized on an as needed basis.
The center is open Monday through Friday 7:30am to 4:00pm
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Acts as the facility receptionist while answering incoming referral calls and completing admissions for patients. Responsible for ensuring required demographic, financial, referral, and clinical and other admission data is collected, completed and communicated per USV/FMCNA policies and procedures. Provides secretarial and administrative support as needed.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under general supervision, follows established company policies and procedures and applies acquired job skills to:
- Work on assignments that are semi-routine in nature, but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
- Coordinate and execute patient scheduling.
- Handle patient scheduling at the center; schedule and input appointments into the computer scheduling module in a timely and efficient manner.
- May coordinate the scheduling of patients to another treating location who cannot be scheduled at the facility.
- Assist with patient transportation if the patient qualifies per USV Transportation of Indigent Patient Policy.
- Informs management of patient cancellations or additions and inputs adjustments into the computer scheduling module.
- Contacts patient and/or referral source when patient fails to report or cancels appointment. Documents why patient cancelled or failed to report.
Complete registration and admissions of patients. Duties include:
- Complete front end process of billing procedure ensuring all information is entered into the computer registration module.
- Obtain necessary patient information – clinical, financial and demographic – from referral source to initiate admissions process.
- Interview patient or patient representative or referral source to obtain the necessary personal and financial data to determine eligibility for admission.
- Obtain necessary signatures to ensure the efficient processing of admissions data in accordance with USV/FMCNA policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with referral source or patient or patient’s physician to effectively resolve issues impacting patient’s admission process.
- Ensure all aspects of patient confidentiality are maintained at all times.
- Provide patient with appropriate HIPPA information and documentation.
- Verify and obtain eligibility and benefits for all primary and secondary insurances. If verification is processed via Internet, prints out and includes in registration packet.
- Perform pre-certification on all non-Medicare patients before treatment is initiated.
- Assemble, file and maintain patient medical records and financial records.
- Work closely with billing personnel to obtain and verify all necessary information for billing purposes.
Post procedure responsibilities include:
- Research any questions related to charge sheets.
- Distribute copies of all billing information and necessary documents to the billing department on a daily basis.
- Send patient operative reports to referral source and patient’s physician within 72 hours of completed procedure.
- Ensure appropriate signatures are included on all necessary chart forms.
- Inspect patient charts post procedure. Obtain physician dictation and file in medical record.
- File charge sheets in financial records.
- Purge medical records per policy and procedure.
Perform a variety of clerical and secretarial duties, include:
- Greet visitors and patients.
- Maintain inventory of office forms and supplies.
- Print patient schedule and pull patient charts daily.
- Arrange for package pickup and delivery through UPS.
- Escalate issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians.
- The position requires travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community.10% Travel.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
High School Diploma required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1 – 2 years’ related experience, preferably in a medical setting with insurance billing.
- Proficient in the use of computers and related software such as Microsoft Office is necessary.
- Good communication skills – verbal and written.
- Pleasant telephone manner.
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to adapt to supporting software applications.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs