Azura Vascular care is the national leader in vascular specialty service and manages treatments for a wide range of simple and complex vascular disorders using minimally invasive techniques. As part of our team, you’ll help patients avoid the complexities of a hospital admissions by being treated promptly, safely and effectively in a high-quality, outpatient setting. You’ll also enjoy an environment of teamwork, work-life balance, and the satisfaction of aligning closely with our parent company, Fresenius Medical Care, to improve the health and quality of life for people in our communities.
Job DescriptionNew York, New York Job ID R0056713
This out-patient surgical center performs vascular-access procedures, PAD, and embolization etc.
This RVT position is perdiem.
We work only day-shift.
No Call. No evening shift. No night shift. No holidays.
Address: 900 Northern Blvd #140, Great Neck, NY 11021
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements. Responsible for the operation and quality control of the ultrasound equipment in accordance with the FMC policies, procedures and training. Utilizing specialized ultrasonic equipment to detect abnormalities in specific areas or angles of the body.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs various activities necessary for the preparation of the patient and the procedure room for the ultrasound procedure in compliance with FMCNA policies and procedures and state and federal regulations.
- Prepares and positions patients for exam by greeting them, bringing them to the exam room and giving them sufficient time to change into examination gown. Moves the patient while on the examination table for the best results. Is responsible for patient’s safety, mental and physical comfort while in the technologist’s care.
- Records and maintains all records pertaining to the exam. Maintains a daily log of patients seen for billing purposes and ensures patient images were saved to PACS.
- Documents all findings observed during the procedure and reports to physician for interpretation.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment and complies with all policies and procedures pertaining to the work environment. Use proper infection control measures-wiping down machine/probe and whatever else the patient comes in contact with (chair/stretcher) with approved cleaner (EZ Kill wipes) between all patients and after last patient.
- Stocks exam rooms with medical/surgical supplies, gowns, linens etc. Inspects all equipment and notifies manager of malfunctions.
- May give manager input for policy development and updates.
- Updates manager regarding equipment operating condition, wear and tear and provides recommendations for capital purchases as needed.
- Participates in quality and personal improvement programs and meetings e.g. QA on the portal, training sessions, attends quarterly safety/QA meetings. Remains current on Joint Commission standards and company policies and procedures.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of patient charts.
- Performs additional tasks as designated by Physician, practicing in compliance with state regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The position requires travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Travel to Regional, Divisional and Corporate meetings may be required.
The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
Graduation for an accredited ultrasound program.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- License required: Registered Vascular Tech
- 1 year experience as a Registered Vascular Tech
- 4-6 years of related experience preferred
Good communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to follow direction and is detail oriented
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
"My goal is to make sure that our patients keep their mobility and quality of life. This goal is really personal for me. My own father always had really bad vasculature in his leg and never had access to the kind of care we offer — eventually he lost blood flow and mobility. Knowing what he went through makes me even more committed to our mission.".Warren J., AZURA REGIONAL VICE PRESIDENT
We've got your back.
We fully believe that dedication and passion should be recognized and rewarded. That's why we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to all of our employees. Our benefits provide the flexibility, choice and support you need to be at your best as you play a vital part in helping patients live longer, better and healthier lives.
- Healthcare FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
Tuition Assistance and CEU reimbursements ($500/year for full‑time; $350/year for part‑time)
Paid Time Off
Paid Time Off
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time.
- Employee Pride
- Valued Team Members
- Motivation for Excellence
- Respect & Dignity
- Openness & Trust
- Adoption Assistance
- Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts
- Discount Fitness Program
401(K) Retirement Saving
401(K) Retirement Saving
Competitive vesting schedules and a company match of 50 cents for each dollar you save up to the first 6% of your salary (3% additional) after one year of employment.
We are so glad you are interested in a career with FMCNA! What happens next?
Application & Assessment
First you will need to complete your online application. Some roles may also require an online assessment to be completed.
Then a recruiter will review the applications submitted and select those most aligned with the role to move forward. If selected, The recruiter will contact you to schedule the next step.
Next, you will participate in phone/video interview(s) with our recruiter & leadership team.
The recruiter will provide feedback to you on your interview(s) and update you on any hiring decisions.
Next, the recruiter will extend a formal offer if you are selected for the position.
Lastly, you will accept your offer and complete pre-employment checks and paperwork.
Learn more about working at Fresenius Medical Care at an upcoming hiring event near you.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
By signing up for Job Alerts, you'll receive the latest job openings based in your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Join Our Talent Network
Joining our Talent Community allows us to send you company news, career event announcements and other career-related information.