Available Openings 1
The Sr. Database Developer brings business, health care, data modeling and process modeling expertise to both operational and data warehousing development efforts. Oversees data warehouse design and configuration. Codes and documents procedures and tests and debugs data warehouses.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide high level and proven data/process modeling services at the project level and above – using both operational and dimensional techniques as needed.
- Maintain current and future models in a common modeling tool.
- Work collaboratively with teams to construct and manage optimized data structures.
- Develop and maintain server objects.
- Optimize existing and new server objects utilizing proven tuning methodologies.
- Interact with all levels of business users verifying or helping to verify data integrity.
- Adhere to common database standards and procedures within a production operations unit. Maintain documentation related to database platforms, guidelines, methods and standards.
- Keep abreast of new design and modeling tools and make recommendations for future deployment
- Document and improve existing processes.
- Complete work assigned and assist with projects.
- May provide assistance to junior level staff with more complex tasks that require a higher level of understanding of functions.
- May escalate issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Mentor other staff as applicable.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extended amounts of time sitting.
- Visual acuity to perform job requirements.
- Ability to maintain mental focus on complex logic.
- Must be able to work extended hours as needed and limited overnight travel will be required as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 5 – 8 years’ related experience; or a Master’s degree with 3 years’ experience; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- Substantial experience in conceptual and logical data modeling in large-scale environments.
- Substantial experience in designing normalized, generalized operational (OLTP) data models.
- Substantial experience in designing robust ETL processes according to best practices in complex environments.
- Substantial experience in operational process modeling and use-case based walkthrough.
- Substantial experience with T-SQL, SSIS and creating and debugging complex stored procedures.
- Strong healthcare understanding and experience preferred.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong consultative ability.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality results on time and within budget.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of software development lifecycle and methodologies spanning development, testing, release and deployment management.
- Microsoft certification preferred but not mandatory.
- Must be able to read and comprehend fairly complex technical documents.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs