This position supports Frenova Renal Research.
This position can be fully remote
This position is fully remote
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Associate Director, Business Development is responsible for growing the number of clinical research sites owned, operated and/or managed by Frenova Renal Research. In addition, the role oversees all business development activities related to commercial research opportunities.
Targeting physician practices with and without existing research activities, the role will generate and manage new leads and prospects, manage relationships with new prospects, conduct due diligence and present market expansion options and recommendations to management including, but not limited to, site business acquisition, employee staffing, and joint venturing.
Targeting pharm, biotech, and device organizations for new commercially funded research studies. Manage relationships with new prospects, lead generation activity, initial outreach, and establish relationships within the research community.
The role uses a combination of traditional and novel deal making tactics including but not limited to direct sales, marketing, promotion, trade show and conference participation, and co-selling and services bundling with complimentary FMCNA businesses. Knowledge of clinical research site management and operations and a wide range of healthcare specific practices, concepts and procedures is required. The role relies on judgment, expertise, and experience to consult internally on a broad range of topics and with groups/practices, as well as pharma/biotech regarding clinical research business opportunities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for engaging in complex, consultative sales process to evaluate physician practice motivations to engage in profit generating clinical research activity.
- Responsible for obtaining new research business for Frenova and meeting annual new business targets
- Prospecting for net new clinical research for Frenova (including new research sites and new commercially funded research studies).
- Coordinate with and direct internal Frenova representatives regarding prospects and existing customers.
- Lead and participate with on-site presentations, sales meetings and trade shows.
- Participate and lead internally regarding product and service lines.
- Meet assigned goals for business development in areas pertaining to site network expansion, therapeutic area expansion, geographic (US) expansion, new business and others as identified by management.
- Coordinate and develop sales strategy with Frenova leadership, and Sales Operations as applicable
- Liaise with Sales Operations for proposal and budget development.
- Develop internal working relationships within Frenova and complimentary FMCNA organizations and businesses.
- Develop relationships with physicians, practice managers, pharma/biotch and other vendors and various clinical companies through phone conversations, visits and trade shows.
- Lead and participate in on sales presentations, trade shows and business development/marketing meetings.
- Assistant in the development of reference sites and relationships.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Provides leadership, coaching and development plans for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires up to 60% travel as needed.
- May be responsible for the direct supervision of business development staff .
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in the life sciences.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 10 or more years of successful career progression in clinical research.
- Experience managing a clinical research site management is preferred.
- Previous leadership experience; project team leader, manager, etc.
- Communication of complex concepts in a conversational manner.
- Knowledgeable of clinical research site workflows and processes and how these intersect with practice management.
- Collaborative, customer-focused, and able to create tangible value.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Team approach to working with others; ability to perform a variety of duties within any work day.
- Ability to work with all levels of executive and clinical personnel internally and externally.
- Organizational skills to include planning and execution of tasks and projects.
- Comfortable presenting to both small and large audiences on business and clinical research issues.
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Enjoy a fast-paced environment and enjoy working with a highly motivated professional team.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs