Biomedical Technicians at Fresenius Medical Care use their technical skills to improve the lives of our patients and their families. In this role you’ll ensure that all equipment functions properly and safely, enabling our team to provide essential dialysis treatment. This involves performing repairs, maintenance and quality checks on medical equipment, water systems and the physical plant. You’ll also purchase supplies and maintain inventory. Qualified candidates will have a strong technical background which may include an Associate’s degree or military training in electronics or biomedical technology.
Job DescriptionMoscow, Idaho Job ID R0030654
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Under supervision is responsible for the operational condition, maintenance, and repair of all water systems, medical equipment, and mechanical/electrical systems so as to ensure safety of the patients as well as the staff operating the equipment. Responsible for inventory and housekeeping as required. Assists in cost containment in the facility.
Supports FMCNA's mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains, tests and repairs all water treatment equipment, dialysis equipment, medical equipment, testing equipment, and mechanical/electrical systems as recommended by the manufacturer and by procedures established by FMCNA Clinical/Technical services as documented in the Technical Policies and Standards manual.
- Documents all maintenance and repairs.
- Ensures safety checks and routine tasks are conducted and documented in a timely fashion according to the established procedures.
- Conducts housekeeping check and follows-up housekeeping problems.
- Responsible for water treatment equipment cleaning and disinfecting.
- Ensures all testing equipment is properly maintained and calibrated.
- Ensures all areas are safe and clean - that environmental integrity and aesthetics are maintained.
- Conducts building maintenance as needed.
- Responsible for coordination of medical waste disposal.
- Collects and organizes supplies restocking relevant areas as needed.
- Assists in ordering and receiving disposable supplies.
- Assists in creating SAP purchase orders for supplies.
- Assists in conducting monthly and quarterly inventory of supplies with cost reporting through facility specific records.
- Evaluates and reports the current equipment inventory to appropriate sources.
- Ensures visibility to patients with daily walk through during treatment times, when possible.
- Reinforces the concept of UltraCare™ and customer service - ensures availability for patient's questions and concerns.
- As requested, provides instructive tours of the water treatment equipment for patients and explains the basics of the machines.
CLERICAL & ADMINISTRATIVE:
- Processes water and dialysate samples according to specified procedures, package samples for shipping.
- Participates in the completion and documentation of ongoing technical QAPI activities as appropriate.
- Provides assistance at other facilities and/or acute programs, transport equipment and supplies as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employees are required to take the Ishihara's Color Blindness test as a condition of employment. Note that: Failing the Ishihara Test for Color Blindness does not preclude employment. The Company will consider whether reasonable accommodations can be made.
- The position involves moderately active work including walking and standing for considerable lengths of time. Bending down to floor level is required for some repair and maintenance of equipment.
- The position requires a considerable amount of physical work. There is a two-person assist program and equipment available for moving the heavier loads/equipment. The employee must regularly move boxes, drums, and equipment of up to 600 lbs. in weight. The use of dollies or other equipment is mandatory while moving items that weigh approximately 600 lbs. The employee must frequently mix and lift chemical and water solutions of up to 50 lbs. up as high as 5 feet. During an emergency, ensuring patient well-being and safety is of the utmost priority so documented FMCNA emergency procedures must be followed. These could include hand cranking the dialysis machines, clamping and disconnecting bloodlines, and moving patients to safety.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. There may be some potential exposure to chemicals and infectious materials, however, proper training will be provided to handle any of these type chemicals and infectious materials.
- High school/Vocational diploma or G.E.D.
- Technician training or AA Degree in electronics preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- At least six months experience working in a technical (industry/hospital) setting.
- Must demonstrate organizational and leadership skills, including those required to problem-solve in a medical, health care environment.
- Attend all technical training programs required by state/federal regulations and FMCNA policy.
- Newly hired or promoted incumbents are responsible for the requirements of the respiratory fit policy.
- Valid Driver's License and/or ability to cover at other facilities and transport equipment and supplies as needed.
- Continued employment contingent upon successful completion of the FMCNA Training Program for Technical Staff.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technologically savvy
I try to put myself in a position where I’m in every little aspect of what everyone is doing, so I can be an asset.Michael S., Biomedical Technician
We've got your back.
We fully believe that dedication and passion should be recognized and rewarded. That's why we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to all of our employees. Our benefits provide the flexibility, choice and support you need to be at your best as you play a vital part in helping patients live longer, better and healthier lives.
- Healthcare FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Short/Long-term Disability
Tuition Assistance and CEU reimbursements ($500/year for full‑time; $350/year for part‑time)
Paid Time Off
Paid Time Off
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time.
- Employee Pride
- Valued Team Members
- Motivation for Excellence
- Respect & Dignity
- Openness & Trust
- Adoption Assistance
- Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts
- Discount Fitness Program
401(K) Retirement Saving
401(K) Retirement Saving
Competitive vesting schedules and a company match of 50 cents for each dollar you save up to the first 6% of your salary (3% additional) after one year of employment.
We are so glad you are interested in a career with FMCNA! What happens next?
Application & Assessment
First you will need to complete your online application. Some roles may also require an online assessment to be completed.
Then a recruiter will review the applications submitted and select those most aligned with the role to move forward. If selected, The recruiter will contact you to schedule the next step.
Next, you will participate in phone/video interview(s) with our recruiter & leadership team.
The recruiter will provide feedback to you on your interview(s) and update you on any hiring decisions.
Next, the recruiter will extend a formal offer if you are selected for the position.
Lastly, you will accept your offer and complete pre-employment checks and paperwork.
Learn more about working at Fresenius Medical Care at an upcoming hiring event near you.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
By signing up for Job Alerts, you'll receive the latest job openings based in your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Join Our Talent Network
Joining our Talent Community allows us to send you company news, career event announcements and other career-related information.