As a Clinic Manager at Fresenius Medical Care, you’ll manage the daily operations of our outpatient centers. More importantly, you’ll be the key driver in carrying out our mission: To deliver superior care that improves the quality of life of every patient, every day, setting the standard by which others in the health care industry are judged. This is accomplished by hiring, developing and inspiring a multi-disciplinary team, collaborating with physicians, tracking and delivering superior patient outcomes and monitoring regulatory and safety requirements. Strong management skills are required and prior direct patient care experience is needed for occasions when the team needs a helping hand.
Job DescriptionJob ID R0110531 Available Openings 1
About this role: As a Clinical Manager with Fresenius Medical Care, you will ensure that quality patient care is delivered while maintaining clinical operations. As the facility leader, you will be part of a close-knit, collaborative team responsible for delivering unique care plans and providing dialysis treatment to patients facing end stage renal disease or chronic kidney disease.
Training and advancement: You will enter our Clinical Leadership Program that creates and supports a culture of continuous learning for our managers. The curriculum will cover onboarding, essential functions, leading your business, and advanced leadership. As a Clinical Manager, you may advance your career into an Area Team Lead or Director of Operations role.
Our culture: We believe our employees are our most important asset — we value, care about, and support our people. We are there when you may need us most, from tuition reimbursement to support your education goals, granting scholarships to family members, delivering relief when natural disasters strike, or providing financial support when personal hardship hits, we take care of our people.
Our focus on diversity: We have built a nurturing environment that welcomes every age, race, gender, sexual orientation, background, and cultural tradition. We have a diverse range of employee resource groups (ERGs) to encourage employees with similar interests, goals, social and cultural backgrounds, or experiences to come together for professional and personal development, discussion, activities, and peer support. Our diverse workforce and culture encourage opportunity, equity, and inclusion for all, which is a tremendous asset that sets us apart.
At Fresenius Medical Care, you will truly make a difference in the lives of people living with kidney disease. If this sounds like the career and company you have been looking for, and you want to be a vital part of the future of healthcare, apply today.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Manages the operations of the clinic, including costs, processes, staffing, and quality standards.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and development plans for all direct reports.
- Partners with internal Human Resources, Quality, and Technical Services departments.
- Collaborates with or functions as the Home Therapies Program Manager to oversee the facility’s Home Therapies Program.
- Maintains integrity of medical and operations records and complies with all data collections and auditing activities.
- Accountable for completion of the Annual Standing Order Review and Internal Classification of Disease (ICD) coding.
- Manages clinic financials including efficient utilization of supplies or equipment and regular profits and loss review.
- Responsible for all required network reporting and on-site state or federal surveys.
- Coordinates all aspects of patient care with the appropriate staff members, from admission through discharge of the patient.
- Ensure education of the patient regarding quality measures, transplant options, modality awareness, and access care.
- Acts as a resource for the patient and family to address concerns and questions.
- Accountable for timely completion of patient care assessments and care plans.
- Manages timely patient schedules to ensure facility efficiency and develops action plans for missed treatments.
- Plans, coordinates, and validates patient eligibility for treatment.
- Reports changes in patient status regarding any clinical, insurance, or travel and transportation issues.
- Participates in the selection and hiring of new team members and ensures completion of new hiring orientation and mandatory trainings.
- Responsible for all patient care employees completing appropriate training courses and that licensures/certifications are current.
- Provides support for all clinical staff members at regular intervals and encourages professional growth.
- Maintains current knowledge regarding company benefits, policies, procedures, and processes.
- Completes employee evaluations and establishes annual goals.
- Documents any disciplinary actions and confers with the clinic Director of Operations and Human Resources when needed.
- Manages staff scheduling and payroll.
- Facilitates the application process for physician privileges and compliance with Fresenius Medical Care Medical Staff By-Laws.
- Responsible for strong physician relationships and ensures regular and effective communication.
- Participates in Governing Body, an interdisciplinary team for each region including MSWs, Dietitians, MDs, DOs etc. that governs policies.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED CREDENTIALS:
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (RN).
- Current appropriate state licensure.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 6+ years business operations experience in a healthcare facility.
- 12 months experience in clinical nursing.
- 6 months chronic or acute dialysis nursing experience.
- Successfully pass the Ishihara Color Blind Test.
- Preferred but not required:
- 3+ years supervisory or project/program management experience.
- Med/surg or ICU/CCU experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Day-to-day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff, and physicians
- Position may require travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community and/or travel to regional, business unit, and corporate meetings may be required.
- The work environment is characteristic of a healthcare facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels.
- May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position provides direct patient care that regularly involves heavy lifting, moving of patients, and assisting with ambulation. Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide assistance.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
We work as a team. There is no way we can achieve any success working separately.Ana L., Clinical Manager
We've got your back.
We fully believe that dedication and passion should be recognized and rewarded. That’s why we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to all of our employees. Our benefits provide the flexibility, choice and support you need to be at your best as you play a vital part in helping patients live longer, better and healthier lives.
- Healthcare FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- RN Tuition Assistance Program
- Clinical Advancement Program (four practice tiers for RNs to advance your career)
Paid Time Off
Paid Time Off
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time.
- Employee Pride
- Valued Team Members
- Motivation for Excellence
- Respect & Dignity
- Openness & Trust
- Adoption Assistance
- Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts
- Discount Fitness Program
401(k) Retirement Saving
401(k) Retirement Saving
Competitive vesting schedules and a company match of 50 cents for each dollar you save up to the first 6% of your salary (3% additional) after one year of employment.
We are so glad you are interested in a career with FMCNA! What happens next?
Application & Assessment
First you will need to complete your online application. Some roles may also require an online assessment to be completed.
Then a recruiter will review the applications submitted and select those most aligned with the role to move forward. If selected, The recruiter will contact you to schedule the next step.
Next, you will participate in phone/video interview(s) with our recruiter & leadership team.
The recruiter will provide feedback to you on your interview(s) and update you on any hiring decisions.
Next, the recruiter will extend a formal offer if you are selected for the position.
Lastly, you will accept your offer and complete pre-employment checks and paperwork.
Learn more about working at Fresenius Medical Care at an upcoming hiring event near you.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
By signing up for Job Alerts, you'll receive the latest job openings based in your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Join Our Talent Network
Joining our Talent Community allows us to send you company news, career event announcements and other career-related information.