Available Openings 1
Shift: 10 hours/week at 6:00am to 4:30pm, days rotate Sat/Sun
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for accurate testing and resulting of patient samples; coordinate and direct operation of designated laboratory department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under little or no supervision, prepare and perform low to high complexity testing, editing, and reporting of various clinical tests as directed under department SOPs.
- Perform all A1 principal duties and responsibilities.
- Perform testing audits and quality control before finalizing release of test results, inclusive of documentation and other reporting mechanism.
- Perform testing validation and equipment calibration (thermometers, pipettes, etc.), as assigned.
- Perform inspection and maintenance of laboratory instrumentation.
- Resolve instrument and methodology issues.
- Comply with all laboratory safety protocols, including, but not limited to, use of personal protective equipment (PPE), proper laboratory techniques, disposal of bio-hazard, etc.
- Act as primary contact for departmental inquiries, clarification and research of samples and test results.
- Train new laboratory personnel.
- Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Place orders for reagents, chemicals, equipment parts, and other miscellaneous items as needed.
- Coordinate and facilitate department work flow.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Interpret all methodologies and method specifications as requested by client, management, QA and Compliance.
- Demonstrate continued competence in all designated areas through training others or other approved competency measures.
- Responsible for completing proficiency testing including, but not limited to, reviews and investigation as required, collection of Quality Control, instrument data and appropriate approval signatures.
- Design and perform validation studies, analyze data and suggest resolutions to variations from specifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs., and be able to sit/stand for extended periods of time in a laboratory environment.
- Must be able to work with clinical and environmental samples, including, but not limited to blood, urine, etc.
- Must be able to work with chemicals and/or reagents specific to laboratory testing.
- Must be able to work in a medium to high noise level.
- No travel requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in applied, biological or laboratory sciences required.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1 – 2 years’ related experience.
- Demonstrated intermediate experience in clinical laboratory required.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Prior experience with laboratory systems preferred.
- PC literacy required.
- Ability to follow precise directions in situation requiring speed, accuracy and efficiency.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs