Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information
Shift: Mondays to Fridays, 8:00am to 5:00pm (hours vary)
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
To ensure the proper receiving and delivery of specimens and goods to and from the laboratory and keep the loading dock and warehouse area organized and clean.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under close supervision, acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks. (Has little or no knowledge of the job.)
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature, requiring limited judgment. Has little or no role in decision-making. Errors can be made easily and quickly detected and result in only minor disruption to correct.
- Contacts are primarily within the immediate work unit. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information requiring little explanation or interpretation.
- Normally receives detailed instructions on all work.
- May refer to A2 and A3 for assistance with day-to-day problems that may arise.
- Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Follow all safety rules and guidelines.
- Pick customer orders from pre-printed packing lists to be shipped to Spectra clients and courier bases.
- Pack, label, and prepare orders for shipment.
- Process orders via Courier, Common Carrier, UPS, Fed-X, etc.
- Load and unload trucks.
- Receives and stocks incoming product.
- Process and maintain accurate receiving documentation on inbound shipments, and associated receiving duties.
- Receive and process customer return of centrifuges and other equipment.
- Distribute packages and overnight letters for the King Road building.
- Operates all material handling equipment (including forklifts, electric and manual pallet jacks, hand trucks).
- Maintain a clean, neat, safe work area (i.e. sweeping, emptying trash, general cleanup).
- Assist in Physical Inventory as scheduled.
- Distribute internal orders when requested by Spectra departments.
- Other duties as assigned
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to work evening hours if needed, lift over 20 lb
High School diploma or equivalent
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 0 – 1 year’s related experience.
- Basic PC skills, SAP welcome.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs