Azura Vascular care is the national leader in vascular specialty service and manages treatments for a wide range of simple and complex vascular disorders using minimally invasive techniques. As part of our team, you’ll help patients avoid the complexities of a hospital admissions by being treated promptly, safely and effectively in a high-quality, outpatient setting. You’ll also enjoy an environment of teamwork, work-life balance, and the satisfaction of aligning closely with our parent company, Fresenius Medical Care, to improve the health and quality of life for people in our communities.
Job DescriptionMesa, Arizona Job ID R0026058
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Under the direct supervision of a licensed physician, provides medical services as appropriate. Serves as a member of a specialized clinical and research team responsible for coordination of the provision of care for FVC center patients under the supervision and direction of the medical director. Participates in the performance of endovascular procedures and assists with the coordination of research protocols as appropriate. Is certified by each acting physician as to the scope of procedures that can be performed and to what level of autonomy for each type of procedure.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs physician approved procedures independently and during more complex procedures, with the physician’s guidance.
- Assists the physician by obtaining patient histories and performing physical exams. Conducts pre-procedure medical assessment of patients.
- Perform procedures as specified in the scope of practice under the supervision of the physician in the outpatient procedure center. The scope of practice is determined by the physician during the certification of the PA.
- Coordinate and review results of diagnostic procedures, laboratory tests, and other patient studies and medical reports to consult with physician in order for physician to determine course of treatment.
- Gathers patient medical history, including medical procedures performed, incident reports, other history and treads to inform physician of significant findings.
- Updates and maintains patient files to ensure accurate examination documentation.
- Coordinates with scheduling staff and schedule patients for office hours and procedures upon assessment of patient.
- Either independently or with physician, consults with patient on the findings of the physical exam and possible course of treatment.
- Respond to patient telephone calls made to the practice as needed in the absence of the physician or as necessary based on consult. Make follow-up telephone calls to patients as clinically appropriate.
- Provide appropriate education to patients and their family regarding medical findings and procedures.
- Draws up intravenous medication and labels as per Medication Labeling Policy, and Medication in the Sterile Field Competency.
- Follow patients post-procedure in the outpatient setting to ensure proper care.
- Post consult, coordinates procedure to ensure availability of required resources, staffing and pre, post and procedure space to ensure the quality and continuity of patient care and assists with the management of the workflow of the center.
- Contributes to the achievement of excellence in healthcare through the quality and caring values of the philosophy of FVC. And complies with all health and safety policies.
- Other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The position requires travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Travel to regional, Business Unit and Corporate meetings may be required.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials. Majority of time spent on feet, with substantial amount of pushing, pulling, lifting, and positioning of patients. Position requires ability to frequently lift objects heavier than 50 pounds, perform moderately difficult manipulative skills and hand-eye coordination skills, walk and stand for prolonged periods, see objects closely, and hear normal sounds with some background noises.
- Bachelors’ degree plus graduate of AMA-recognized physician assistant training program.
- NCCPA certification, ACLS certification and CPR certification
- Licensure: State Physician Assistant License in the state of practice
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 8 – 12 years’ related experience; or a Master’s degree with 6 years’ experience; or a PhD with 3 years’ experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- Five years of varied technical/procedural skills/experience in diagnostic radiography.
- Interventional procedure experience preferred.
- Ability to act in a professional capacity and serve as a professional role model.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Ability to perform invasive procedures under the supervision of, and provide a primary technical report to a licensed physician
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
"My goal is to make sure that our patients keep their mobility and quality of life. This goal is really personal for me. My own father always had really bad vasculature in his leg and never had access to the kind of care we offer — eventually he lost blood flow and mobility. Knowing what he went through makes me even more committed to our mission.".Warren J., AZURA REGIONAL VICE PRESIDENT
We've got your back.
We fully believe that dedication and passion should be recognized and rewarded. That's why we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to all of our employees. Our benefits provide the flexibility, choice and support you need to be at your best as you play a vital part in helping patients live longer, better and healthier lives.
- Healthcare FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
Tuition Assistance and CEU reimbursements ($500/year for full‑time; $350/year for part‑time)
Paid Time Off
Paid Time Off
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time.
- Employee Pride
- Valued Team Members
- Motivation for Excellence
- Respect & Dignity
- Openness & Trust
- Adoption Assistance
- Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts
- Discount Fitness Program
401(K) Retirement Saving
401(K) Retirement Saving
Competitive vesting schedules and a company match of 50 cents for each dollar you save up to the first 6% of your salary (3% additional) after one year of employment.
We are so glad you are interested in a career with FMCNA! What happens next?
Application & Assessment
First you will need to complete your online application. Some roles may also require an online assessment to be completed.
Then a recruiter will review the applications submitted and select those most aligned with the role to move forward. If selected, The recruiter will contact you to schedule the next step.
Next, you will participate in phone/video interview(s) with our recruiter & leadership team.
The recruiter will provide feedback to you on your interview(s) and update you on any hiring decisions.
Next, the recruiter will extend a formal offer if you are selected for the position.
Lastly, you will accept your offer and complete pre-employment checks and paperwork.
Learn more about working at Fresenius Medical Care at an upcoming hiring event near you.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
By signing up for Job Alerts, you'll receive the latest job openings based in your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Join Our Talent Network
Joining our Talent Community allows us to send you company news, career event announcements and other career-related information.