Azura Vascular care is the national leader in vascular specialty service and manages treatments for a wide range of simple and complex vascular disorders using minimally invasive techniques. As part of our team, you’ll help patients avoid the complexities of a hospital admissions by being treated promptly, safely and effectively in a high-quality, outpatient setting. You’ll also enjoy an environment of teamwork, work-life balance, and the satisfaction of aligning closely with our parent company, Fresenius Medical Care, to improve the health and quality of life for people in our communities.
Job DescriptionMesa, Arizona Job ID R0026056
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Functions as part of the healthcare team utilizing advanced education, skills, and judgment to deliver advanced nursing care and achieve optimal patient outcomes through critical analysis, problem solving and evidence-based decision making. Collaborates with a multidisciplinary care team to improve outcomes and ensure the safe and effective delivery of patient care. Provides clinical and administrative oversight and direction of the clinic in the absence of the immediate Supervisor.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes advanced education, skills and judgment to appropriately assess patient needs, deliver advanced quality nursing care and achieve optimal patient outcomes for patients.
- Obtains patient history, performs appropriate physical exams, orders, interprets and evaluates diagnostic tests and lab values to identify and assess patient’s health care needs.
- Observes patient, records physical findings, documents condition and reaction to drugs, treatments and significant incidents and formulates a plan and prognosis based on patient’s condition.
- Prescriptive authority to prescribe and order medications as needed.
- Collects and monitors patient outcomes on an ongoing basis and develops an appropriate plan of care for each patient.
- Assure patient’s need for immediate and/or emergent care is handled promptly and appropriately.
- Provide patient education by promoting blood pressure management, medication adherence, self-care management and establishing a close working relationship with primary healthcare providers.
- Provides clinical and administrative oversight, supervision and direction of the clinic in the absence of the Clinic Manager as needed ensuring safe and effective delivery of patient care in compliance with standards outlined in the facility procedure manual.
- Enters pertinent patient clinical data into ACUMEN as received from MD office or other providers.
- Provides clinical feedback to referring MDs when appropriate, to include notifying MD of any problem or abnormality beyond the normal scope of her/his practice.
- Serves as a liaison and arranges referrals providing detailed patient information as needed.
- Ensures patient admission packets are completed on every patient.
- Ensures information is entered accurately on billing log daily and submitted to the appropriate billing group.
- Participates in monthly CQI/QAI activities, leads the meeting in the absence of the Medical Director as needed.
- Remains up-to-date and current on advances and trends in care treatment, guidelines, policies and procedures. Ensures new procedures, treatments and procedures is disseminated to the members of the MDT.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The position may require travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Travel to Regional, Divisional and Corporate meetings may be required.The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- Travel-20% is required for this role.
- Graduate of accredited School of Nursing (RN)
- Graduate of accredited School of Nursing Nurse Practitioner Program
- Master’s Degree in Nursing if required by State Law
- Current state specific licensure
- State authorization to practice in an expanded role
- DEA Licensure
- UPIN number or eligibility
- Maintain BCLS certification
- Must Maintain State and Professional Licensure requirements
- American Nephrology Nurses Association and other Nephrology Nurses Association membership preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum of 1 year professional work experience as Nurse Practitioner.
- Previous professional experience in cardiovascular and other co-morbid conditions preferred.
- Medicare provider number encouraged.
- Demonstrated leadership competencies and skills for the position, including ability to teach, strong organizational skills, excellent communication, customer service, relationship development, results orientation, team building and decision-making.
- Independent practitioner.
- Basic computer skills required. Experience with EHR preferred.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
"My goal is to make sure that our patients keep their mobility and quality of life. This goal is really personal for me. My own father always had really bad vasculature in his leg and never had access to the kind of care we offer — eventually he lost blood flow and mobility. Knowing what he went through makes me even more committed to our mission.".Warren J., AZURA REGIONAL VICE PRESIDENT
We've got your back.
We fully believe that dedication and passion should be recognized and rewarded. That's why we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to all of our employees. Our benefits provide the flexibility, choice and support you need to be at your best as you play a vital part in helping patients live longer, better and healthier lives.
- Healthcare FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
Tuition Assistance and CEU reimbursements ($500/year for full‑time; $350/year for part‑time)
Paid Time Off
Paid Time Off
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time.
- Employee Pride
- Valued Team Members
- Motivation for Excellence
- Respect & Dignity
- Openness & Trust
- Adoption Assistance
- Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts
- Discount Fitness Program
401(K) Retirement Saving
401(K) Retirement Saving
Competitive vesting schedules and a company match of 50 cents for each dollar you save up to the first 6% of your salary (3% additional) after one year of employment.
We are so glad you are interested in a career with FMCNA! What happens next?
Application & Assessment
First you will need to complete your online application. Some roles may also require an online assessment to be completed.
Then a recruiter will review the applications submitted and select those most aligned with the role to move forward. If selected, The recruiter will contact you to schedule the next step.
Next, you will participate in phone/video interview(s) with our recruiter & leadership team.
The recruiter will provide feedback to you on your interview(s) and update you on any hiring decisions.
Next, the recruiter will extend a formal offer if you are selected for the position.
Lastly, you will accept your offer and complete pre-employment checks and paperwork.
Learn more about working at Fresenius Medical Care at an upcoming hiring event near you.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
By signing up for Job Alerts, you'll receive the latest job openings based in your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Join Our Talent Network
Joining our Talent Community allows us to send you company news, career event announcements and other career-related information.