Azura Vascular care is the national leader in vascular specialty service and manages treatments for a wide range of simple and complex vascular disorders using minimally invasive techniques. As part of our team, you’ll help patients avoid the complexities of a hospital admissions by being treated promptly, safely and effectively in a high-quality, outpatient setting. You’ll also enjoy an environment of teamwork, work-life balance, and the satisfaction of aligning closely with our parent company, Fresenius Medical Care, to improve the health and quality of life for people in our communities.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Job DescriptionMesa, Arizona
Available Openings 2
Position Specific Information
FT Role @ Cardiac Arrythmia Institute- Mesa, AZ
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Echo Tech uses high frequency sound waves (ultrasound), and other noninvasive echocardiography testing equipment, to produce images of the heart. Operates and adjusts equipment; attaches electrodes to chest and equipment; records cardiac data and measurements; protects and helps patients.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under limited supervision, performs complete and accurate treadmill stress testing and EKG studies under the supervision of cardiologists.
- Ability to set-up and run Treadmill and EKG per protocol for all stress modalities.
- Generate preliminary treadmill stress study reports in accordance to related clinical service protocols.
- Prepares for examinations by checking equipment and inventorying and restocking supplies; reviewing patient schedules; reading physician orders for specific examinations; setting-up recording equipment; entering patient information into system.
- Prepares patients by positioning patient; spreading gels; attaching electrodes to chest and equipment; adjusting equipment controls; verifying wave signals; explains procedures; answers questions; provides assistance to examination table or treadmill.
- Obtains quality images by positioning and repositioning transducer; monitoring display screen; listening to signals; adjusting equipment for beam strength and focus; detecting artifacts that mimic abnormalities; recording images.
- Records examination information by printing graphics and data; calculating measurements of heart wall, chamber size, and blood flow direction and velocity; comparing measurements to norms.
- May escalate issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma required; Associate’s Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 2 – 4 years’ related experience.
- Basic knowledge of cardiovascular and exercise physiology, required.
- Understanding of EKG recognition and monitoring for abnormal rhythms, required.
- Knowledge of Holter scanning, preferred.
- Current Certified Cardiographic Technician (CCT) certification, required.
- Current BCLS certification, required.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Facilitator 10
- Leadership 10
- Patient 9
- Motivational 8
- Helpful 7
- Understanding 7
"My goal is to make sure that our patients keep their mobility and quality of life. This goal is really personal for me. My own father always had really bad vasculature in his leg and never had access to the kind of care we offer — eventually he lost blood flow and mobility. Knowing what he went through makes me even more committed to our mission.".Warren J., AZURA REGIONAL VICE PRESIDENT
Take a Closer Look
Inside Azura careers: Registered Nurse
Inside Azura Careers: Corporate & Business Support
- Healthcare FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Short/Long-term Disability
Tuition Assistance and CEU reimbursements ($500/year for full-time; $350/year for part-time)
PAID TIME OFF
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time.
- Employee Pride
- Valued Team Members
- Motivation for Excellence
- Respect & Dignity
- Openness & Trust
- Adoption Assistance
- Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts
- Discount Fitness Program
401(K) RETIREMENT SAVING
Competitive vesting schedules and a company match of 50 cents for each dollar you save up to the first 6% of your salary (3% additional) after one year of employment.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
By signing up for Job Alerts, you'll receive the latest job openings based in your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Join Our Talent Network
Joining our Talent Community allows us to send you company news, career event announcements and other career-related information.