Home Therapies professionals at Fresenius Medical Care provide education and support to patients and caretakers who have chosen home dialysis therapy. This role involves an initial visit to the homes of patients to assess home therapy readiness, as well as training and follow-up visits within the clinic environment. Successful candidates have outstanding customer service skills, a valid driver’s license and the desire to positively impact patients’ lives by empowering them to treat themselves in the comfort of their own homes.
Job DescriptionMercerville-Hamilton Square, New Jersey Job ID JR0006836
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the safe and effective delivery of home therapy support care to patients with End Stage Renal Disease. Oversees the delivery of home dialysis therapy to patients in compliance with standards outlined in the facility policy and procedure manuals, as well as regulations set forth by the Corporation, state and federal agencies. Ensures standard of dialysis provided is at least the equivalent to that provided to facility patients.
- Ensures all educational needs of patient and family are met regarding End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD).
- Oversees the delivery of the FMS Treatment Options Program.
- Acts as a resource for the patient to address patient concerns and questions.
- Develops a process for acquiring and maintaining knowledge of the specific situation of each patient, including hospitalizations, and any significant change in patient care status.
- Enters physician lab orders into the Medical Information System accurately and follows company policies and government regulations related to the collection, packaging, and delivery of lab specimens and reporting of results.
- Responsible for accurate data entry into systems to ensure appropriate and accurate billing of Home Therapies services.
- Maintains appropriate skill levels with all emergency operational procedures, and initiates CPR and emergency measures in the event of cardiac and/or respiratory arrests when the patient is in the medical office.
- Responsible for overseeing performance of all licensed personnel, direct patient care staff, indirect patient care personnel as assigned, and when necessary, technical staff. Provide employee education, guidance, and performance related feedback.
- Participates in Business Unit and FMS corporate initiatives, projects, and audits as directed.
- Utilizes the Business Unit Director of Home Therapies as a resource.
- Creates and implements a Process Improvement Team (CQI) that involves staff in problem solving.
- Ensures competency HT personnel in the operation of all home dialysis therapy-related equipment, including the ability to troubleshoot equipment problems with the patient via telephone.
- Directs staff and patients in the preventive maintenance of home therapy equipment, including water systems and analyses as appropriate.
- Accountable for outstanding quality of patient care, as defined by the FMS quality goals, by working with the appropriateRegional Director of Education,Regional Quality Manager, Vice President of Quality, Regional Vice President, and FMS Clinical Services Department to ensure that FMS policy and procedure is followed.
- Ensures all FMS Clinical Quality policies and procedures are communicated to and implemented by the facility staff.
- Maintains integrity of medical records and other FMS administrative and operational records.
- Complies with all data collections and auditing activities.
- Maintains facility environmental integrity, including safety.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating all FMSHome Therapymanuals.
- Directs information gathering required to support billing and collection activities.
- Responsible for efficient utilization of medication, laboratory, inventory, supplies, and equipment to achieve supply cost goals following all guidelines established in FMS formularies.
- Completes all monthly and annual reporting as required by company policies and government regulations.
- Participates in the completion and interpretation of the PI-17 inventory supply use analysis.
- Reviews profit and loss statements with Area Manager.
- Responsible for participating in all required Network reporting and on-site state or federal surveys.
- Accountable for timely completion of patient care plans by organizing meetings of the health care team to discuss patient care plans and resolve patient problems.
- Responsible for ensuringalert/panic reports and abnormal lab resultsare communicated to the appropriate physician.
- Collaborates with HT Program Manager/Area Manager to facilitate the application process for physician privileges and compliance with FMS Medical Staff Bylaws.
- Develops and maintains strong Medical Director and physician relationships and facilitates staff relationships with physicians.
- Ensures regular and effective communication with all physicians through regular meetings with Medical Directors.
- Schedules and coordinates CQI meetings with physicians.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (R.N.)
- Current appropriate state licensure.
- Minimum of one year nursing experience plus one year dialysis nursing experience required.
- Medical-surgical or ICU nursing experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Successfully complete a training course in the theory and practice of dialysis therapies.
- Competent at operating all Home Therapies related equipment.
- Successfully complete CPR Certification with maintenance as required.
- Icd-9 coding Training.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including, but not limited to communication, customer service, performance management and continuous quality improvement.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
I see these people when they start, and when they're over that hump my heart just...I can't even describe it. It's just amazing.Joanne S., Registered Nurse
We've got your back.
We fully believe that dedication and passion should be recognized and rewarded. That's why we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to all of our employees. Our benefits provide the flexibility, choice and support you need to be at your best as you play a vital part in helping patients live longer, better and healthier lives.
- Healthcare FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
Tuition Assistance and CEU reimbursements ($500/year for full‑time; $350/year for part‑time)
Paid Time Off
Paid Time Off
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time.
- Employee Pride
- Valued Team Members
- Motivation for Excellence
- Respect & Dignity
- Openness & Trust
- Adoption Assistance
- Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts
- Discount Fitness Program
401(K) Retirement Saving
401(K) Retirement Saving
Competitive vesting schedules and a company match of 50 cents for each dollar you save up to the first 6% of your salary (3% additional) after one year of employment.
We are so glad you are interested in a career with FMCNA! What happens next?
Application & Assessment
First you will need to complete your online application. Some roles may also require an online assessment to be completed.
Then a recruiter will review the applications submitted and select those most aligned with the role to move forward. If selected, The recruiter will contact you to schedule the next step.
Next, you will participate in phone/video interview(s) with our recruiter & leadership team.
The recruiter will provide feedback to you on your interview(s) and update you on any hiring decisions.
Next, the recruiter will extend a formal offer if you are selected for the position.
Lastly, you will accept your offer and complete pre-employment checks and paperwork.
Learn more about working at Fresenius Medical Care at an upcoming hiring event near you.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
By signing up for Job Alerts, you'll receive the latest job openings based in your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Join Our Talent Network
Joining our Talent Community allows us to send you company news, career event announcements and other career-related information.