Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Helpdesk Specialist provides technical assistance, support and troubleshooting to internal staff in the use of computer software, telephone system issues and other computer hardware and mobile devices supported by IT. The Helpdesk Specialist acts as first point-of-contact to field calls, e-mails and trouble tickets requests for assistance and primarily attempts to solve problems directly or escalates when necessary.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide computer related technical phone guidance for all FMCNA employees. This may include but not limited to:
- Responding to customer calls and questions ascertaining the nature of the problem.
- Identifying and researching the problem.
- Determining the appropriate action.
- Records all problems received via telephone, email or walking in the Helpdesk Ticketing System (Service Now) and when required escalate user problems following established escalation procedures.
- Utilizing remote tool provided or via telephone work with user to diagnose and troubleshoot problem to provide first level support and attempt to resolve issue, escalate only when required and follow problem to resolution.
- Helps to determine problem scope, identify trends and works with supervisor to take appropriate actions.
- Answer questions and educate end users by applying knowledge of IS supported applications, computer software, hardware and procedures.
- Works with next level support staff, to explain software and hardware errors, gain their expertise to resolve problems.
- Places calls to vendors to request service regarding products in need of replacement or repair.
- Manage and track Help Desk calls from start to first call resolution or escalation.
- As needed provide 24/7 on-call support.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, some holidays and weekends.
- Overtime may be required including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Able to sit for extended periods of time
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- A+ or Microsoft Certification preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1 – 2 years related experience.
- Experience supporting PC’s, Laptops, Mobile Devices and current versions of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate and communicate technical concepts to a non-technical user.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced team oriented environment.
- Must have good technical aptitude and be a quick learner.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
IT/Help Desk focus
- Understanding of Relational Database technology and Client/Server application.
- Previous experience with Oracle database and application is preferred.
- Experience with Windows 95/98, NT,XP, 2000, Windows 7 & 8.
IT Desk Side Support focus
- Assists user community in the proper use of personal computers.
- Provides some basic level end user training in the use of Mobile Devices.
- Support of audio visual equipment and assistance in conference room meeting preparation and training.
- 1st level desk side support as needed to resolve incidents at the Helpdesk level.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs