Home Therapies professionals at Fresenius Medical Care provide education and support to patients and caretakers who have chosen home dialysis therapy. This role involves an initial visit to the homes of patients to assess home therapy readiness, as well as training and follow-up visits within the clinic environment. Successful candidates have outstanding customer service skills, a valid driver’s license and the desire to positively impact patients’ lives by empowering them to treat themselves in the comfort of their own homes.
- Full Time
- Job Level:Mid
- Travel:Local patient home visits
- Glassdoor: 66%
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Job DescriptionMaumee, Ohio
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information
- Position will oversee 2 Home Therapy Programs
- Patient Education/Training
- Great opportunity to grow dialysis career and to get into the evolving and growing home therapy division of dialysis
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Directs, supports and grows all aspects the Home Therapies sector of the dialysis business within a defined area(s), as determined by the management team, through effective leadership and management in areas of customer service and relations, quality patient care, strategic development and financial management and collaborates business development. Ensures all activities are conducted in compliance with company standard operating procedures and relevant regulatory requirements. Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory, divisional, business unit and department policy requirements. Requires GM approval for use of title.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage a dialysis Home Therapies business within a defined area providing effective leadership and management of all aspects of customer service, quality patient care, and finance. Coordinate operation strategies and activities to ensure the provision of outstanding quality patient care and dialysis services while adhering to regulatory and company guidelines and requirements ensuring efficiency and economy.
- Responsible for the development of area strategic plans, goals and objectives ensuring alignment with those of the region, division and company. Implements, disseminates and administers operations strategies and objectives to ensure the achievement of the region, division’s and company’s goals and objectives. Implement Home Therapy program-specific and area quality goals and action plans in order to achieve quality standards.
- Provide leadership, support and guidance to Home Therapy program management including Home Therapy Program Managers and other support staff. Provide informal feedback on an ongoing basis and formal feedback in the annual performance evaluation process. Manage the staffing through the appropriate hiring, firing and disciplinary actions in collaboration with HR.
- Responsible for aggressively addressing and acting upon adverse events and action thresholds in area of responsibility.
- Collaborate with management team to develop program budgets, monitoring performance to ensure optimal, efficient and effective operations practices within regulatory and company guidelines.
- Responsible for profit and loss management of each assigned program including optimal performance of program operations to achieve or exceed budgets and key performance indicators.
- Work closely with Managed Care department and management team to increase the payor mix and to retain commercial patients.
- Manage payroll and oversee facility expenses and accounts payable for the assigned area practicing cost containment strategies as appropriate.
- Review balance sheet and income statements regarding revenue growth and commercial payor mix on a frequent basis to understand the status of the business.
- Identify and determine impact of proposed changes and identified improvements prior to implementation to ensure a positive effect.
- Accountable for implementing and driving the Staffing and Medical Supply Models and other business initiatives including the prompt implementation of corrective action plans for Home Therapy programs with below threshold performance.
- Ensure efficient and economical performance in accordance with Home Therapy program operating budgets and take appropriate actions to ensure the attainment of profit and year-end goals and objectives. Responsible for the implementation and achievement of the business plan and key performance indicators. Review analysis of performance including financial and productivity data for area with management team and make appropriate changes in strategies, goals and objectives responding to current status and conditions.
- Coordinate and oversee all logistics associated with patient care within the assigned area.
- Ensure all employees receive the appropriate training and education according to policies and procedures including ongoing compliance training.
- Act as primary liaison between the company and the Medical Directors and referring physicians, ensuring appropriate communication of company initiatives. Responsible for developing and maintaining strong Medical Director and physician relationships and facilitating Home Therapy Program Manager and staff relationships with physicians.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ensure all employees within the assigned team(s) understand and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations; establishing and maintaining effective internal systems and controls to promote compliance.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist with denovo, relocations, expansions and project build-out activities.
- Maintain current knowledge regarding community and regional healthcare market and industry issues which may impact business. Utilize current knowledge of FMCNA products, services and strategies to market the company and grow the business.
Operational efficiency and effectiveness:
- Provide supervision to Home Program Manager, Home Clinic Manager and other Home Therapy staff as needed
- Supervise TOPS Specialist and ensures maximum productivity.
- Ensure appropriate product utilization.
- Participate in Governing Body meetings and sit on the board as assigned.
- Ensure implementation of corporate initiatives from various departments including but not limited to Education, Quality, and other support services.
- Prepare reports and audit current procedures and processes to monitor efficiency of operations and achieve quality goals.
- Work with supervisor to ensure attendance at all QAI meetings within the assigned area.
- Responsible for ensuring home programs follow federal, state and county regulations, are survey ready, and maintain compliance with regulations.
- Participate in Joint Venture related activities as assigned. This may include but is not limited to providing oversight of the JV operations; participating in JV Board meetings and JV Management meetings assuming Board positions as needed, and taking the appropriate steps to ensure the JVs are in compliance with all pertinent company and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure and promote the development of the Home Therapy team and succession planning through coaching, training and leadership development in the assigned market.
- Collaborate with local and regional departments to ensure the treatment growth within Fresenius Kidney Care.
- Ensure a strong routine communication process exists between all Home Therapy Program Managers and staff within the assigned market.
- Responsible and accountable for facility maintenance and environmental integrity. Promote a culture of safety in assigned market.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- Requires travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the assigned region. Travel to regional, Division and Corporate meetings may be required.
- Responsible for the direct and indirect supervision of various levels of Home Therapies staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with concentration in Business, Finance or Healthcare preferred, or RN degree with equivalent 3+ healthcare management (clinical manager, program managers, regional operations, etc.) or 6 - 8 years directly related experience in lieu of bachelors’ degree.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 6 – 8 years’ related experience.
- 3+ years of business operations management and leadership experience, preferably in healthcare.
- Demonstrated leadership and management competencies and skills including excellent financial competence, operational excellence, exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated practice of continuous quality improvement and relationship development.
- Results driven.
- Demonstrated initiative at translating concepts and ideas into concrete deliverables.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and risk mitigation skills with the ability to analyze highly complex issues to develop realistic and relevant plans and recommendations.
- Highly detailed with exceptional organizational, planning, multi-tasking, presentation and verbal and written communication skills.
- Energetic, self-motivated, innovative thinker with the ability to build effective teams, motivate others, mentor, work independently and collaborate with a positive can-do attitude.
- Excellent skills for team building, motivating employees, performance management and decision making.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Facilitator 10
- Leadership 9
- Patient 9
- Motivational 8
- Understanding 8
- Helpful 7
I see these people when they start, and when they're over that hump my heart just...I can't even describe it. It's just amazing.Joanne S., Registered Nurse
Take a Closer Look
- Healthcare FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Short/Long-term Disability
Tuition Assistance and CEU reimbursements ($500/year for full-time; $350/year for part-time)
PAID TIME OFF
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time.
- Employee Pride
- Valued Team Members
- Motivation for Excellence
- Respect & Dignity
- Openness & Trust
- Adoption Assistance
- Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts
- Discount Fitness Program
401(K) RETIREMENT SAVING
Competitive vesting schedules and a company match of 50 cents for each dollar you save up to the first 6% of your salary (3% additional) after one year of employment.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
By signing up for Job Alerts, you'll receive the latest job openings based in your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Join Our Talent Network
Joining our Talent Community allows us to send you company news, career event announcements and other career-related information.