Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information
***Our offices are currently closed. Upon reopening this will be a role encompassing both in-office and remote work. Position can be located from EITHER our Malvern, PA office (candidates residing in Greater Philadelphia area, Wilmington, DE area or Western NJ area) OR position can be located from our Edina, MN office (candidates residing in Greater Minneapolis area).***
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Director, Accounting provides guidance and leadership of the accounting operations within the assigned function(s). The incumbent is responsible for maintaining internal controls which ensure company assets are adequately safeguarded and all financial systems are in compliance with company policies and procedures. The Director, Accounting selects, develops and evaluates the team(s) responsible for performing operations within the assigned function(s).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide strategic leadership of short- and long-term goals through the use of thoughtful techniques in the communication of the company’s mission and core values as a means to implement positive change and/or create organizational structure within the assigned business unit(s).
- Lead operational efforts through subordinates to complete the administration of business processes and services to ensure the operations effective achievement of goals within the assigned business unit(s).
- Direct and control the broad activities of the business unit(s) through the interpretation, application and implementation of company-wide policies and processes appropriate to the functional area(s).
- Ensure that budgets and schedules are within company requirements with significant organizational responsibility for the overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, expense priority management, and recommendation and implementation changes of current methods.
- Oversee the financial internal controls environment for the assigned functional area(s); ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) and other regulatory requirements.
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) by maintaining current knowledge of accounting regulations as they affect the assigned functional area(s).
- Lead efforts to ensure consistent policies and procedures across the company; collaborating with cross divisional team management in the effective dissemination of information.
- Provide leadership, guidance and coaching for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
- Collaborate with employees in the establishment of clear and concise development plans to ensure succession planning and the advancement of future leaders within the organization.
- Provide technical guidance.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel may be required.
May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of accounting staff.
Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced Degree preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 6+ years’ related experience.
- 3+ years’ experience as a Manager, or 3+ years’ experience in a senior managerial role.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing one or more departments.
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation and email applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency with enterprise resource planning (ERP), corporate performance management (CPM), and analytical reporting systems (e.g., SAP, Oracle Hyperion Enterprise, BEx, etc.).
- Strong management skills with the ability to lead cohesive and productive teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management through diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs