Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports the delivery of excellent nutritional care to patients by providing supervision, training, direction, guidance and support to facility dietitians in an assigned area. Acts as a resource and subject matter expert to assist in the improvement of clinical quality outcomes. Acts as the liaison between dietitians and management in the region/area to be covered.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Serves as a subject matter expert for Nutrition when collaborating with other members of the area Quality Team. Identifies quality improvement opportunities in the assigned area to achieve CMS Conditions for Coverage and FMS quality program requirements.
Manages the tactical execution of Quality and Nutrition Services initiatives, interventions and standardized nutrition counseling and education materials with clinic dietitians within the assigned area.
Provides general direction, technical guidance on medical nutrition therapy and feedback based upon professional standards and company guidelines to support dietitians within the assigned area in achieving the desired outcomes in the following: quality, patient satisfaction, teamwork, unit culture, and employee satisfaction.
Provides leadership, coaching and development plans for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
Manages the staffing of Nutrition Services to ensure dietitian coverage. Responsible for enlisting dietitian coverage at dialysis facilities within the assigned area during times of dietitian leave of absences, vacations, census increases and vacancies.
Manages orientation and training of all new dietitians within the assigned area with the assistance of Education team, Nutritional Services staff, and other disciplines. Provides communication and ongoing training required for existing facility dietitians to enhance clinical competencies and meet policies and procedures individually and/or through area meetings.
Attends and participates in regional, area, facility and team meetings as appropriate which may include: quality team building and staff development and other meetings as appropriate. Collaborates with appropriate management staff as needed to achieve effective inter-disciplinary, intra-disciplinary, and clinic relationships.
Monitors and audits Nutrition Progress Notes, Comprehensive Interdisciplinary Assessments, Plans of Care and other documentation to meet CMS Conditions for Coverage and FMS policies.
Maintains dietetic registration and continuing education hours as specified by the Commission on Dietetic Registration and state licensure regulations where applicable. Maintains and improves knowledge and skills for a competent and innovative practice.
Regularly monitors registration and licensure status of direct reports.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- The position requires travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of facility dietitians within the assigned area.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED CREDENTIALS:
- Registered Dietitian as per Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Current state licensure, if applicable.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 2-3 years dialysis experience required
- 3+ years’ supervisory or project/program management experience preferred.
- Certification as Renal Nutrition Specialist (CSR) preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other web-based applications.
- Demonstrated leadership competencies and skills for the position, including ability to teach, strong organizational skills, excellent communication, customer service, relationship development, results orientation, team building and decision making.
- Maintains professional demeanor and presentation
- Ability to work collaboratively with other members of the team, motivate other team members, and gain support and input from team members in an unstructured environment.
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs