Azura Vascular care is the national leader in vascular specialty service and manages treatments for a wide range of simple and complex vascular disorders using minimally invasive techniques. As part of our team, you’ll help patients avoid the complexities of a hospital admissions by being treated promptly, safely and effectively in a high-quality, outpatient setting. You’ll also enjoy an environment of teamwork, work-life balance, and the satisfaction of aligning closely with our parent company, Fresenius Medical Care, to improve the health and quality of life for people in our communities.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Job DescriptionLubbock, Texas
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Provides nursing care to the patient during pre, intra, and post-operative phases. Assists physicians by giving moderate sedation and has the knowledge and experience with medications used and the skills to assess, interpret and intervene in the event of complications. Serves as a patient’s advocate and responses to patient inquiries.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supports the goals and objectives of the facility, participates in programs directed toward patient and staff safety, risk management and quality management; respond to emergency situations with competence and composure.
Participates in primary care of patients as indicated to enhance the quality of care provided; coordinates patient care activities with medical staff and health care team members to provide continuity of patient care; enforces the implementation of nursing practice standards to provide quality patient care.
Performs the circulating nurse’s functions adhering to approved Cath lab procedures (i.e. ensure equipment is functioning properly, supplies and instruments are ready before starting procedures) while maintaining patient safety.
Provide moderate sedation to the patient while maintaining patient safety.
Accurately assess and interprets age-specific patient data and responds to questions and instructions accordingly.
Performs according to approved policies and procedures and reports observed or suspected violations, hazards, and non-compliance.
Evaluates suggestions, grievances, and processes to identify opportunities to improve performance and quality of care or seeks further guidance, as needed.
Maintains and promotes professional competence through continuing education and other learning experiences; attends and actively participates in meetings, in-services, conferences, quality management activities, according to job duties and facility requirements.
Responds in a timely manner to meet the needs of the patient and physician.
Perform other nursing duties as needed or required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- The position provides direct patient care that regularly involves heavy lifting and moving of patients and assisting with ambulation. Equipment used can vary in complexity. Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide assistance.
- The employee may occasionally be required to move, with assistance, machines and equipment of up to 200 lbs., and may lift chemical and water solutions of up to 30 lbs. up as high as 5 feet. There is a two-person assist program and "material assist" devices for the heavier items.
- This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of standing and/or walking and the employee must be able to bend over.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED CREDENTIALS:
- Registered Nurse license required (active)
- ACLS/BLS certification required
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 2 – 5 years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in preoperative or critical care area required
- Experience in a cardiac cath lab preferred
- Good command of the English language, both verbal and written
- Ability to work well with physicians, employees, patients, and others
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Facilitator 10
- Leadership 10
- Patient 9
- Motivational 8
- Helpful 7
- Understanding 7
"My goal is to make sure that our patients keep their mobility and quality of life. This goal is really personal for me. My own father always had really bad vasculature in his leg and never had access to the kind of care we offer — eventually he lost blood flow and mobility. Knowing what he went through makes me even more committed to our mission.".Warren J., AZURA REGIONAL VICE PRESIDENT
Take a Closer Look
Inside Azura careers: Registered Nurse
Inside Azura Careers: Corporate & Business Support
- Healthcare FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Short/Long-term Disability
Tuition Assistance and CEU reimbursements ($500/year for full-time; $350/year for part-time)
PAID TIME OFF
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time.
- Employee Pride
- Valued Team Members
- Motivation for Excellence
- Respect & Dignity
- Openness & Trust
- Adoption Assistance
- Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts
- Discount Fitness Program
401(K) RETIREMENT SAVING
Competitive vesting schedules and a company match of 50 cents for each dollar you save up to the first 6% of your salary (3% additional) after one year of employment.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
By signing up for Job Alerts, you'll receive the latest job openings based in your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Join Our Talent Network
Joining our Talent Community allows us to send you company news, career event announcements and other career-related information.